chapter 21- fourth year

a couple weeks go by and the first task is right around the corner.

it is next week.

and i am still petrified, i had studied with blaise for it, but not anything that i know would be useful.

draco still is a bitch to me, he either ignores me or treats me like im filth. ever since the day i found out i was going to be running in this tournament, he's barley spoken to me. the only times he does is when he wants to annoy me, of course.

i try to push these thoughts out of my head while i walk to my class. as im right about to enter the door someone grabs my hand pulling me over to them. i look up and it's harry.

"hi harry, what is it?" i ask as he drags me into a hallway.

"it's about the tournament." he finally says, he sounds a little worried but i push that aside.

"what about it?" i ask eagerly, i need something- anything to get me through this task.

"dragons, the first task is dragons."

  shit.

"oh, okay, okay. uh- how do you know?" i ask, trying not to sound too scared.

  "i saw them- the dragons." he says waiting for my reaction.

  "thank you-"

  "do you want to study the task in the library after class with me?" he asks interrupting my thank you.

  "sure, yeah- it's free period after this, so im free." i say, he smiles.

  "see you there." he says and walks off.

   i hurry back to class and take a seat next to blaise, avoiding my usual seat beside draco. he hardly notices and returns back to talking with crabbe and goyle.

   i glare at him once more and pull out my books.

"hey want to go study again? after this." blaise asks me, noticing my triwizard tournament book in my bag.

"oh, sorry i can't, maybe later though." i say giving him an apologetic look.

"no worries." i smile back at him and we begin the lesson.

  the whole lesson i feel dracos glare from across the room. what the hell is wrong with him?

i quickly toss the books back into my bag, and wave bye to blaise as soon as class ends, heading down to the library.

when i get there i search around for a couple of minutes, looking for harry. then i finally find him. he's sitting at a table in between two bookshelves.

"hey." i say slumping down next to him.

he gives me a faint smile and we start to go over the information for the first task.

basically we each have one dragon that we have to battle. i decide to pick up some books specifically about dragons. when i come back harry is waiting for me.

"i forgot to tell you something." he says grabbing the books and inspecting them.

"what is it?"

"the hungarian horntail. it's one of the significantly more dangerous dragons." he says a little worrisome.

"if you get it- well i would be prepared." he says looking down at his hands.

  i take a deep breath.

"thanks for telling me, i appreciate this- all of this."

"it's fine, i know we aren't you know- friends, but you and ron seem close. so i wanted to help out, and plus we both are in the same situation." he says laughing a little.

"yeah, i-"

"y/n?" a voice from behind us says and i turn around seeing none other than draco standing behind us.

  fuck my life.

"draco what are you doing here?" i ask glaring at him.

"i came to pick up books but- what are you doing with him?" he asks pointing to harry like he was a dead rodent on the side of the road.

"he's helping me study draco. can you go now." rolling my eyes, i turn around back to my book.

   then i decide to glance back where draco was, expecting him to be standing there pissed, or ready to make another snarky comment but he's gone.

he walked away.

"sorry about that." i say shaking my head.

"it's fine."

"but really you shouldn't be treated like that, you are just trying to help me."

"im use to it, it's malfoy what do you expect?" he asks sighing.

it stings a little because he wasn't always like this, sometimes he would be nice. sometime he acted like he cared. sometimes.

we return back to studying and after a while we say our goodbyes and go back to our classes.

  as the day comes to and end and we finish up dinner i walk back to the common room.

i peek in and see crabbe, goyle, pansy, and draco all sitting around the fire. it brings me back to the day draco and i fell asleep on the couch, as i think about this i unconsciously play with the necklace he'd given me.

   i haven't taken the necklace off, at all really. but now with draco acting like this, i didn't know if i wanted to keep it on or not.

   before all of them could see me standing there like an idiot, i turn around and stomp up back to my dorm. standing by the mirror, i look down at the necklace that lay on my neck.

i don't really want to take it off, but i would not let him see me still wearing it after how he's treated me.

  carefully, i unhook the shiny silver necklace and gently lay it back into its box. i close the box and slip it back into my drawer.

my hand feels my neck, it feels weird not having the necklace draped over my neck.

with that i take a deep breath and start to get ready for bed.

   i leave the bathroom and climb into bed, resting my head on my pillow and staring up at the ceiling. i push the thoughts of draco, the tournament- anything really, out of my head and fall into a deep sleep.

____________________________________thanks for the reads my loves i appreciate it😁😁😁
vote/comment/share <333