chapter 9- third year

months go by and it's christmas break. i don't really know where im going to go, since both my parents are dead. i could go with blaise, ive gotten closer to him. as friends. we always go to the library to study, and he helps me with spells. but i don't know, i feel like it would be weird to ask him.

    ron and i still talk, not as much as i like, but we still talk. i think it's because im a slytherin but i never asked. so i doubt he would like it if i stayed with him over christmas break.

     pansy apologized for being so rude to me and we never really fight anymore. it's nice having a girl to talk to about stuff. maybe i could ask her, maybe.
   she still is dating draco.

    draco- we rarely ever talk. i've forgiven him about what he did but i don't think he knows. and i think he's too proud to ever apologize to me. im not even going think about going with him. pansy would die and i think i would too.

     i sit in my room as all the girls are packing up, going on and on about christmas shopping, and what they are going to get. 

    "hey y/n why aren't you packing?" pansy asks stuffing a green sweater into her bag.

     "oh im just going to stay here for the break."

     "really? you could come with me." pansy says throwing another jacket into her bag.

     if i did go with her, she would just be talking bout draco the whole time. probably sending owls back and forth. eh no.

      "oh no you don't have to. it's fine, i was planning on staying here anyway."

       "well okay then, have fun." she says grabbing her bags and leaving. the other girls smile and wave back to me as they follow her out.

    i decide to look a little more presentable, so i search for an oversized green cardigan and some plaid pants.

   (thought you would want to know what you are wearing 😁)

once im done getting ready i grab my bag and leave my dorm, heading towards the library. on my way there i see excited kids with suitcases rushing to go home as soon as possible.

i wonder what having another home is like. this- hogwarts, is my home. the only home i know. my parents died and i transferred here. my new home. i wave to all the slytherins, some smile and some just look away.

when i get to the library i sit in my usual table and take out a few books. i sit there for awhile flipping through the pages and jotting down notes. i finish up and pack up my stuff. then exiting the library and i decide walk to the one other place i know how to get to.

  the astronomy tower.

i climb up the steps and walk to the doors. when i open them im met with a unexpected face. draco malfoy.