chapter 48- fifth year

the following day daphne and i were sitting in the commons. a few other slytherins were with us but we didn't really acknowledge them.

  as we were chatting about the whole situation with umbridge pansy storms in.

"umbridge wants us." she sings merrily to some other students that are sitting next to us.

the students get up and i realize them from earlier. the inquistral squad.

i gulp and slowly stand up with them.

"are you going with them?" daphne asks tugging my arm, trying to pull me back down.

"uhm, yeah. i just need to check something."

"okay, meet me back here then." she says and i nod before leaving with them.

we walk down to umbridges office and i really have no clue what im doing. she'll probably kill me once she sees me with the inquistral squad.

as we enter into the office i first see draco towards the back with neville. he glances at me and then motions me over to him.

i see hermione look up at me and ron just glares at me.

i walk past umbridge who doesn't even notice me because she's too busy interrogating harry.

draco grabs me and pulls me over to him.

"what are you doing here?" he whispers.

"i need to uhm, i just-"

"are you apart of the squad now because umbridge-"

hermione glances to me as she hears this.

"no." i quickly state still looking towards hermione.

i turn back towards where harry is and see umbridge standing over him.

  suddenly snape appears and he looks at me then to umbridge.

  "have you brought veritaserum?" umbridge asks snape.

  "im afraid you've used up all my stores interrogating students, the last of it on miss. chang."

harry spins his head toward hermione than catches my glance. i nod my head my head telling him it was true, that i knew too.

  "unless you wish to poison him and i'll show you i would have the greatest sympathy if you did."

umbridge stares at him for a second and snape takes that as his cue to leave.

right as snape was about to leave harry stops him, "he's got padfoot- he's got padfoot at the place where it's hidden!" harry yells to snape.

what? what the fuck is he saying?

"what is padfoot? what is hidden- what is he talking about?" umbridge screeches, a sternly look was on her face.

he waits to speak for a while, like he was deciding what to say.

"i don't know." snape utters and with that he left.

you can tell umbridge is furious, as she turns around i see her face red with furry.

"potter as this is an issue of ministry security you leave me with no alternative. the cruciatus curse ought to loosen your tongue." she says smiling creepily.

rage built up inside me. i wasn't about to let him get tortured- again.

"it's illegal!" i shout and all the slytherins turn their heads to stare at me. pansy is glaring at me, her nose shriveled up like she'd just smelt something disgusting.