chapter 11- third year

today was a christmas eve. only last year i slightly remembered spending this day with my parents.

but this year would be different, i know that.

    i got out of my bed aching to go back to sleep, but i know i should get ready. opening my closet, i pull a dark green sweater vest out paring it with a white under tee. then i grab some jeans and tie on my converse.

   after, i head into my bathroom, applying light blush and black winged eyeliner. then i grab my bag laying by my bed with dracos present wrapped neatly inside and head down to the common room.

    the first thing i see when i walk in is draco sitting at a table with another slytherin. i decide to leave, knowing i want to give the present to him while alone.

as i was walking draco stops me, "hey y/l/n where are you going?" he asks getting up and jogging over to me.

   "breakfast, why?"

    "oh well im going with," he turns around pointing to the 2nd year at the table, draco 100% forgot his name, "him- so see you around." he says turning around.

   "okay?" that was odd.

    after sitting alone at breakfast i peek back into the common room to see if that boy had left dracos side. nope, still there. i think draco is getting annoyed because he isn't looking at the boy, instead he catches me staring.

   "y/n? cant stay away- now can you?" he asks leaving the boy, not caring that the boy was trying to talk to him.

  "no, i just-"

  "just couldn't stay away? yeah i get that." he smirked and darted behind me, going around me then stalked off back towards the 2nd year.

   i rolled my eyes and left going up back towards my dorm. why is he being like this?

   once i got to my door i saw an owl waiting patiently for me at my windowsill. i gladly open it and feed it some treats, opening the letter. it's from blaise.

      y/n,
           thank you for the photos, i needed that. it reminded me of the first time we met. good times. if you can't already see i got you a book. it's about the history of potions. your favorite class. i stole it from my fathers study- it's pretty old. i've read over it a couple of times and it helped me a lot in the class. hope you have a great christmas, and that draco isn't annoying you too much.
                                         - blaise

    i reached into a little bag blaise's owl gave me, and pulled out a brown old book, with a gold front title reading- "potions". i quickly open it, and read through some of the pages with a smile on my face.

    while i was enjoying the book another owl came in, and i notice that blaise's owl had left. walking back over to the windowsill, i grab the note. it's to me from pansy.

       y/n,
             hey y/n merry christmas and all that, but why hasn't draco owled me? he hasn't even sent me one gift! i've been waiting at my window for days and he hasn't even bothered to say merry christmas. is he planning something big tomorrow? is that it? please owl me back if he is, oh and thanks for the bracelet.
                             -pansy p

    her owl flew away. and i stare down at the note, draco never owled her? not even to say merry christmas? i grab the note and exit my dorm. i find draco in the common room, the 2nd year gone.

   "hey draco, read this." i say setting the note down in front of him.

   he skims over it then sets it back down, "yeah? and?" he looks annoyed.

   "well are you going to- you know, talk to her?"

   "probably not." he says getting up and walking towards the couch.

  "what? why?" i ask curiously. weren't they dating?

  "it's not really any of your business y/l/n."

  i roll my eyes and jump down on the couch beside him.

it's around dinner time, "are you going to dinner." i ask breaking the silence.

   "didn't plan on it."

   "oh."

  his present. i'll go get his present.

    i jump off the couch and bolt to the door, running up the stairs. then i search through my bag for his present. it's not there.

i panicked, why isn't it here? i vividly remember placing it in here.

   slowly i walk back down to the common room and see draco still on the couch. he has a book in his hands. a black small book.

his present.

   i stare at him confused.

draco looks up at me, "stole it from you when you came down here."

    i roll my eyes and grin, "i wanted to give it to you." 

  "too bad, i already gave it to myself." he says and a smirk plays on his lips.

   he flips through the pages and his grin turns into a small smile. i can tell he likes it.

   then he stops flipping the pages and takes out a box. that same black box with sliver lining, from earlier. my present, which i had not accepted. i look away from him.

   he takes the sparking necklace out and looks at me waiting for me to look back at him.

  "draco, you know-"

  "it's okay." he says pulling my hair to away and unlocking the necklace.

draco lays it on my chest and clasps it shut.

   i look down to my necklace and smile, "thank you."

   he grins, "and by the way i probably won't be dating pansy anymore- so really you have nothing to worry about."

    "come on, im taking you to dinner." i say pulling him up and dragging him out of the common room.

    we sit down in the great hall and eat our neatly prepared food. i look around and the hall is decorated beautifully with christmas trees, reefs, and ornaments. i smile and look over to draco, it feels like christmas. for awhile i thought it wouldn't, but it does.

it's different, but it definitely feels like christmas.

____________________________________

YUP😄🙏