chapter 60- sixth year

my heart starts beating really fast when i hear them walk away.

"what- what was that about?" i ask harry, whose still beside me, leaning against the wall.

he turns to face me, "he's a death eater y/n. im sorry, i-"

"no- no. he told me- he told me he wasn't!" i shout, backing away from him. no way in hell- he wouldn't lie about something like that.

"he said it was because of his father-"

"what was because of his father?" harry asks, eyeing me suspiciously.

"n-nothing, im going to go." i say quickly and run away in the opposite direction.

i don't even bother going back to the party. tears are streaming down my face- i can't go back in. he's really a death eater?

suddenly everything stars to add up.

he is working for voldemort. the way he knew about my secret- everything. he's changed- i knew that.

and now i know why.

i clutched my chest, in an attempt to slow down my heart rate.

he's one of them.

they tried killing me- and my friends. and now he's one of them. and he lied to me- he fucking lied to me. this whole time. i asked him if he was one- and i laughed at him. oh my god i laughed.

i cover my mouth with a hand, trying to stop the upcoming sobs. with my other hand i take my dress and hike it up, so that i can slip off my heels. i grab the shoes and quickly run to the dungeons. i need to see him.

as i reach the commons, i look around. no one. shit. i then run up to his dorm and knock loudly.

"draco? draco i need to talk to you!" i yell, still knocking on the door.

no answer.

i turn around and head back down the stairs. where the hell is he? then it hits me. the astronomy tower. he has to be up there.

i fly up the staircases and run down some hallways before being met with the astronomy tower doors.

slowly i open them, and look up. draco is standing there, his elbows rested on the railing. he's so still, almost like a statue.

he hears the doors open and quickly turns around to see me. his face looks like it's shinning, but i realize it's just tears.

he has been crying.

"draco?" i ask, all the anger in me falls away. i try to raise my voice at him but for some reason i won't let myself.

don't be weak y/n.

"what the fuck are you doing here? go back down to your boyfriend." draco snaps. he looks furious but his eyes tell a different story. his eyes look drained. dark and cloudy- it's like there is no life in them.

"draco stop." i whisper walking towards him, throwing my heels to the ground.

"just go y/n, i don't want to see you."

"why not?" i ask, reaching him.

he stares at me and i notice his bottom lip quiver.

"leave." he commands, backing away from me.

i look down at the floor, attempting to hide from him that tears were pooling in my eyes.

"it's not like i want to be with a death eater anyway." i mutter and turn around. anger is now slowly climbing back up- the pity i felt for him now has fled.

"what?" he asks, his voice is louder now.

"you fucking liar! i asked you-  you said no. you told me you would never be a- i thought i fucking knew you draco- obviously i don't." i shout, letting it all out and turning back around. his face is formed into a frown. tears fill his glistening eyes.

"i told you-"

"you lied draco- you fucking lied! and- and you almost killed someone, let's not forget about that!"

"y/n stop-"

"no- you know what draco? you are fucking evil."

as soon as i say it i wish i could take it back. i didn't mean it. draco please know i didn't mean it. im just mad, i didn't mean it.

he looks so sad.

"i had to-"

"we all have choices draco!"

"we all h-have choices." my voice breaks, and feel tears run down my face.

he stares at me and i can't read his face. i can't see what he's feeling. the sadness i once saw is gone. draco now just looks numb. i wonder if he's been numb this whole year.

"i know." he says plainly, and with that he pushes past me, walking away. leaving me alone, in the cold.

i hear the doors slam shut behind me. his footsteps i can no longer hear. i ruined everything. everything is ruined.

slowly i bend down and take a seat on the floor, bringing my knees to my chest and wrapping my arms around my legs. my white dress is probably dirty now, my face is dirty with tears.

i wish i could take everything back.

a couple minutes pass and i realize it's getting so cold i can barley feel my feet. so i grab my heels and pull myself up, leaving the astronomy tower.

when i get to my dorm i drop everything and walk over to my bed, lazily rubbing my eyes. when i open them i see daphne sitting on my bed. she's staring at me like she's seen someone get murdered.

"daph?" i whisper, my voice is still shaky.

she doesn't respond.

i look around confused, "daph are you okay?"

her eyes fall to the floor and i see tear roll down her face.

"daphne what's wrong?"

still no answer.

"daphne you can talk to me okay?" i say placing a hand on her shoulder.

she flinches.

i furrow my brows and back away.

her eyes slowly move back up to me. she stares at me for a long time. it's like she's studying me or something.

finally she speaks. but when she does i wish i never heard it.

"are you a muggle?"

____________________________________

ah shit the world is falling apart.

also sorry this is short- i just want to get this out to you guys :)

vote/comment/share