chapter 65- sixth year

i let out a scream and run over to him, stumbling over my feet.

as i kneel down beside him, i feel the water beneath me. but it doesn't bother me, all i can think about is draco.

"oh my god- oh my god." i mutter, running my hands over his cut up body.

"get someone! fucking get someone harry!"

he just stands there looking at both of us.

"what did you do?" i ask quietly, brushing hair away from draco's face.

just then snape rushes in through the door, surveying the scene. when harry sees him he quickly backs away and runs out of the bathroom.

im still kneeling beside him while snape takes his wand and runs it over draco's wounds- healing them. draco's breathing slowly goes back to normal- but i can tell he's still in pain.

"miss y/l/n, take him to the hospital wing." he commands, standing up from the wet floor.

i nod and we both pull draco up gently from the ground.

"once you take draco there- leave him. don't stay- i don't want you around him." he mutters emotionless.

"but-"

"leave him."

i glare at him once, before swinging draco's arm over my shoulder and wrapping my arm around his waist. with that i walk him out of the bathroom.

"y/n?" draco questions, his eyes fluttering open.

i don't respond.

he nuzzles his head into my neck and i can't help but smile.

when we get to the hospital wing, i take him to an empty bed and help him get in.

"stay with me." he whispers, as i back away from the bed.

"i can't draco-"

"why not?"

i smile softly and bend down to kiss him on his forehead, as i try to pull away he grabs my chin and pulls me in for another kiss on my lips.

"draco..." i whisper through his kisses.

he lets go and i slowly pull away, "i'll see you later."

"bye y/n."

i wave and reluctantly walk away.

i wanted to stay with him- i really did. but with everything going on, i knew i shouldn't.

"y/n? why weren't you at breakfast?" daphne asks, taking a seat beside me in class.

"there was a- a thing." i reply.

her face twists with confusion, "what thing?"

"draco got hurt."

"is he okay?" daphne asks worriedly.

"he should be fine daph."

she nods and takes a deep breath.

"so what-" i begin to say but am suddenly cut off with a tap on the shoulder.

i turn around and see harry standing behind me.

"y/n-" but before he can say anything i grab his hand, pulling him out of the class.

"class is staring in like 5 minutes y/n!" i hear daphne yell behind me.

i continue to drag him into an empty hallway.

"what the fuck was that?" i shout, pushing him away from me.

"im sorry- i didn't know what that spell did."

i laugh, "you didn't know- fuck off harry!"

"he's a death eater y/n!"

"and you're a cruel bitch!"

he sighs and runs a hand through his dark hair, "look im really sorry- i probably shouldn't have done that."

"no shit." i huff and brush hair out of my face.

"im really am so-"

"save if for someone who gives a fuck."

i turn away and walk back to class.

that little prick.

"what was that about?" daphne asks while i slump back down in my chair.

"nothing." i mumble, pulling out my books.

as we begin the lesson, i can feel first year slytheirns glaring over at me. i flip them off and turn back to focus on whatever the professor is saying.

okay- so i wouldn't say that the the professors hate me. because i don't think they do- it's just they treat me differently. ever since my- use to be secret was set on display for the whole wizarding world to see things have been a bit different.

like for example- if i did really well in my class one day, the professors would give me a weird look. it's like they're surprised- which i guess i understand, seeing as im basically a muggle. but still- it kinda sucks.

or if i did really bad at my spells, they would have this look on their faces- like they knew i couldn't do it. so either way it sucks.

"hey do you want to go hang out with blaise and luna?"daphne asks, as we sit in our dorms.

it's past curfew- most students are sleeping.

"it's past curfew daph."

"so? this will be good for you- they have weed." daphne says smirking over at me.

"oh weed- wanna hear a story from my old school about that?" i ask, she excitedly nods her head.

"so basically- these two like crackheads were caught smoking it in the bathrooms. but it gets better- they were also selling it to freshmen for like 200 dollars."

"what happened to them?"

"kicked out."

she gasps, "what rebels."

"so wanna come?" daphne asks again.

"sure, alright."

she claps and drags me out of the dorm, heading towards blaise's room.

once we get there luna is sitting on the floor with blaise- showing him all the cigarettes.

"hey luna." daphne sings, rushing over to her. daphne slumps down beside her and pecks luna on the cheek.

"these are normally for my meditation, but i saved some for you." she says softly handing us each one.

i take mine and put it in between my lips, inhaling lightly before lighting the white cigarette. i inhale again through the cigarette, and take it out to exhale, coughing a bit.

"you okay there?" daphne asks, waving her hand through some smoke.

"yeah- yeah."

after a bit i kinda got use to the feeling. the feeling was a bit odd- you know, breathing something that wasn't air - a little like breathing underwater.

i look around and see daphne laughing at blaise, everyone's eyes were a bit red and fuzzy. mine are probably the same. the world spins at some moments-  like when i move or try to talk. so i just lean against a bed, the cigarette in between my fingers- staring at nothing.

for a second- a long second, i forget about literally everything. all my worries, everything that made me anxious just went away. which was nice while it lasted.

but it all comes back when i see draco walk through the door.

____________________________________