chapter 42- fifth year

draco pulls away from me and i instantly miss his touch. his hands reach my face as he wipes the tears away.

"what happened?"

i bring my hand out and his eyes fall to it. the blood is smeared making my whole hand red.

he grabs the back of my hand and inspects it.

"come."

without another word draco carefully moves me up the stairs and into his dorm.

i glance around at his room and see that there is only one bed in the middle of the room. across from his bed sits a large dresser. it was quite bare in here, the only light came from a big window.

  "why is there only one bed?" i mumble as he brings me over to it and sets me down.

  "my father- he uh, he you know-"

  i nod my head understanding his father could get him anything he wanted.

  as i sit on the bed he walks over to his bathroom and pulls out a white cloth, and a bottle.

  "here, this will sting a bit- but i promise it will help. okay?" draco asks as he dips some ointment on a towel.

  "okay." i say holding my feeble hand out to him.

  as soon as he places the towel on my hand it burns with pain. i wince and close my eyes tightly.

  he gently removes the towel and wraps my hand in white cloth.

as he finishes wrapping my hand up, he sits beside me on the bed.

  "do you want to talk about it?"

  "not right now." i whisper.

he clears his throat, and we sit there in silence.

as we sit there the thoughts refill my mind. umbridge. her smile. her voice. the quill. the pain. the blood dripping from my hand. my tear on the white parchment.

quiet soft tears fall down my cheeks.

stop crying. you're embarrassing yourself. stop crying.

i try to wipe the tears away but a cold hand grabs my hand and pulls it away from my face.

draco slowly wipes the tears away with his thumb.

"im sorry y/n." he whispers running a hand through my hair.

i nod my head and let out a shaky breath.

"can i sleep here for the night? i- i don't want to tell anyone else. and when daphne sees my hand she'll ask- and they i'll cry again and it's just-"

"yes." he responds quietly.

i smile a small smile and slip off my shoes.

draco gets up and walks over to a basket, grabbing out a pillow and blanket. he puts them down on the floor and lays down.

i slowly lay down on the bed and pull the warm covers over me. the covers are silk black, with matching silk black pillows.

my head rests on the pillows and i stare at the back of dracos head. part of me- a lot of me, wishes he would lay beside me.

"draco." i whisper, not knowing if he's asleep or not.

"yes?" he questions still turning away from me.

"the blaise thing, it didn't mean anything. we're just friends."

"oh."

he turns his body around so that it is now facing me.