chapter 6- third year

i finish up in all of my classes, trying to smile and have a good time in all of them. i want to take as much of this in as possible. before one, this is all real and my memories get oblivated when i get sent back. two, i shift back and everything goes back to normal. or three, i can never leave here because im dead.

     as i walk to the great hall, for what may be my last time blaise walks up to me.

    "didn't see you at all today, are you okay?" he asks with genuine concern.

    "yeah, just started off the day bad, that's all."
   he smiles at me and we walk in to dinner together. i spot dumbledore and painfully remember what i have to do. i'll have to tell him sooner or later. i need to get back to my mom, it's the only way. if this is real, i don't know what he'll do. hopefully he just sends me back. but he might keep my memories. taking them away from me.

     i sit down beside pansy and blaise and pansy decides to speak, "y/n! you appeared! great to see you again, was the bad dream that bad?" she asks looking down smirking at her food.

    "oh it was just horrible pansy, thanks for asking."       blaise chuckles and pansy rolls her eyes.

     durning dinner i try to build up enough courage to talk to dumbledore. if this isn't real, then what bad could it do?

all the slytherins walk to the common rooms. once i get there i see draco in the back corner with goyle and blaise.

"hey," i say taking a seat in between blaise and draco.

"hi y/n," blaise says smiling.

   draco glances at him and looks over to me, not saying anything.

he's probably still be mad about earlier. after a while of talking i get up and head for the door.

"where are you going, y/n?" draco asks furrowing his brow.

"erm- i have to talk to someone. it's about homework." i lie.

he nods his head resumes his conversation, while i exit into the hallway.

i know i have to do this. im stuck here. i keep saying my safe word any chance i get, and nothing ever happens. when i feel myself thinking about how it would feel to stay here forever, like i've always wanted. i stop myself. i know i can't be here forever, my mom- i can't leave her.

    i am so caught up in my thoughts i don't realize im at dumbledores office. im here. this could give me answers. i'll just tell him exactly what is happening. he'll understand. right? he will. i know he will.

     i say the password and the walk in, waiting for me to be turned around and inside his office. once i enter i see him at his desk, he looks up.

    "ah y/n, what shall i do for you today?" he asks smiling gently.

    "i have to tell you something." i say looking away.

    "oh? and what might that be." im really in it now. no turning back.

   rip off the bandaid.

    "im a muggle." he looks confused.

    "what?"

    "well im not really a muggle. i mean yes i am, but i can do magic."

    "so you are a muggle born? that's quite alright y/n, no need to be ashamed about that."

     "no you don't understand, well im not sure i do either. i shifted realities. i shifted here and i can't get out." now he looked really confused.

      "shifted? realities? is this a joke y/l/n?" he asks frowning.

      "no you see, this whole world is in a book. i shifted here, like a dream but it feels real. and now i can't leave it. it won't let me go back home."

      "this world is a book? y/n, what are you talking about? what won't let you go home?"

      "i don't know! i just wanted to dream about this place. it's in a book, and there's movies too of you. all of you." my lip quivers and im on the verge of tears.

      he gets up and walks over to me, "you mean? you know the future?"

       "well yes. i guess. things and people here are the same in the book and movies."

     "so you came here? from a muggle world, and you know the future. and now you cannot leave?" he asks summing everything.

      "this wasn't suppose to happen. i was suppose to wake up from this dream. i haven't yet."

      "you think this is a dream?"

      "well, y-yes, t-this isn't real."

      "yes, it is quite real, y/n." i shake my head in disbelief.

      "no i need to go home- what's going on? why can't i go back home." i ask frantically, as tears slip from my eyes.

       he turns away and rubs his eyes, almost as if he is...panicking?

     "y/n, i don't remember giving you a letter. i just knew who you where. your name, that's all. why don't i remember?"

     "i controlled this. at least i thought i did. i put myself here. i asked for this."

     he takes a few steps back, collecting his thoughts. then it seems as if something has clicked. his eyes widen a little bit and he runs to me.

      "y/n, i've read about this somewhere. switching realities."

      "switching? no i shifted."

      "no you did not- you switched." he runs to a bookshelf and pulls out an old, beat up book and flips through some pages.

       "see here," he points to a page and begins to read it, "may switch realities completely-" then he stops.

      "what?" i ask wondering why he stopped. he looks up to me.

      "unable to return to former reality."

____________________________________
sorry if these are short, stupid school. share/vote/comment😅😅

 share/vote/comment😅😅