chapter 33- fourth year

a couple weeks go by and the third task is literally days away.

draco sometimes talks to me- but he usually avoids me. he's grown a little quieter. draco never talks in class. he's cut down in the bullying- it's only once in a while now.

sometimes he walks around like he owns the place and other times he blends in with the crowd.

i want to talk to him, i want to ask him if everything was okay. but how things were left off- well i think i would find it hard to do so.

daphne and i have grown closer though. that's a plus. she helps me study for my classes and even the triwizard tournament when harry isn't free.

we talk about boys and girls. she and luna lovegood are dating and she asks me questions on how to deal with stuff. seeing as i've never been in a real relationship i try and find a good answer but really have no clue what im saying.

it seems to be working though because her and luna are literally head over heels in love with each other.

harry and i still meet up sometimes with the trio and sometimes not, to talk about the tournament. it's really nice to have someone who understands what exactly im going through.

"y/n, are you paying attention?" daphne asks snapping her fingers in my face. daphne, draco, blaise, and i all are working on a project together for potions. it's like some research project on old potions.

i must have zoned out.

"sorry- sorry." i say straightening up.

"now who's the one not doing anything?" draco questions mocking me from the times we were in detention together.

"shut up." i mutter and grab my textbook, reading my chosen section.

"better hurry up y/l/n, we're going to turn this in without you." draco sneers pointing to the parchment that's they've already started writing on.

blaise shoves him, "you know we wouldn't." he winks and i smile back.

draco rolls his eyes.

after a while of reading and writing, we finally finished the project.

  "we turn this in tomorrow, right?" daphne asks collecting her materials. as blaise and draco do the same, clearing the floor that we sit on.

   "yep." i say as i stand up and throw my books into my bag.

   "hey im going to go to see luna- i'll be back later okay y/n?" daphne states heading for the door.

    "bye!" i shout and she waves, leaving the dorm.

  blaise grabs his bag and walks towards me.

    "i'll see you tomorrow, then? i thought we could study a little before your task- it's next week you know?" he asks while draco stands farther behind him looking around at the room.

   "of course yeah- thanks. and yes i know it's next week, i don't think i could forget."

   "are you nervous?" he asks putting a hand on my shoulder.

   "not really- i don't know. it's the last task, i just want everything to go good." 

   "you know im here right?" draco chimes in.

  i roll my eyes and blaise ignores him, "im sure everything will be just fine y/n."

   "yeah- yeah. it will be."

it was now the day of the task and both harry and i where walking down to the quidditch field.

  as we were walking down the hallways a door flung open, and out walked snape.