chapter 56- sixth year

"so while everyone was working on their projects blaise, draco, and i all got to smell our amortentia. we had to bribe slughorn but it was worth it." daphne mumbles, jumping onto her bed.

it's late in the night. daphne and i usually have late night conversations a lot but they've kinda stopped. i think it is because of me.

"oh what did you guys smell then?" i ask pushing the covers over my cold body.

honestly i just want to know what draco smelled.

"well i smelled lavender, outdoors, and fresh liens."

"oh." i say, turning to her.

"oh and blaise he smelled like- old books, coconut, and wax candles and freshly mowed grass."

i nod.

tell me what draco said.

"and draco- well he didn't tell us what he smelled. he really didn't say anything." she speaks nonchalantly.

i sigh quietly and push my head farther into my pillow.

damnit.

it's the next morning and daphne is already up and gone so i decide to hurry up and take a quick shower.

as i step in i take my shampoo and lather in in my hair. while i do this i look down at the bottle and notice it coconut scented.

i then grab my body wash, which only smells like strawberries.

once i finish in the shower i wrap a warm towel around myself, drying my wet body.

while pulling on my uniform, it hits me.

coconut.

blaise said- no. it has to be a coincidence. i close my eyes and rub my trembles.

shit.

after i finish getting ready i head outside for my first class. i didn't get to go to breakfast but it doesn't really bother me.

i decide to not think about the whole coconut/blaise thing because it's probably nothing.

grabbing my bag off the floor, i head out to my frist class of the day.

"y/n! there you are!" i hear daphne yell from behind me.

"sorry- i know i wasn't at breakfast." i sigh as we walk into herbiology.

"oh it's fine." she mumbles taking a seat. draco happened to be seated right beside us.

"hey draco." daphne says, taking out some books.

draco turns his head slightly to look at her. he looks very unamused. he looks very sad almost.

i take a seat, creating the slightest bit of noise. with that draco spins his head towards me. he stares at me, and something changes. he perks up and sits up straight, still looking at me.

"hello y/n." he says.

"hi." i respond, staring at him as well.

"how has your morning been?"

"fine. and yours?"

"good."

"good." i say still staring into his grey eyes.

daphne clears her throat, "okay then."

i run a hand through my hair, and turn away from draco.

why is he being like this?

after class daphne and i walk back to the commons for free period.