38 Khushi's stand

Part 38 Khushi's stand

The villagers pitied Garima who cried clutching Akash's collar.

"Why did you do that? Is this why I wanted you to marry my daughter? She had a dream about her future... I destroyed it for you... you disappointed me... you shattered my dream... you are a scoundrel..." she slapped him again.

The president stopped Garima.

"Stop it Garima... what happened has happened... we can do nothing with it... we can't change anything... try to understand that."

Garima was horrified. She went to Arnav who was in disguise. She joined her hand in front of him, spilling tears.

"Please don't do this to my daughter... She is a small girl... she has life...just think once... how could she live with you who is your daughter's age? I believed this man (she pointed at Akash) I didn't even dream of this cheap behavior of him... Please leave my daughter..." She said shedding tears.

Arnav felt bad for Garima. The mother is begging for her daughter's life. He looked at Khushi painfully.

"No need..." Khushi shouted, understanding his gesture.

Garima looked at Khushi who uttered those words.

"You don't have to plead for me... It's over." She said with a stubborn expression on her face.

"What are you talking about?" Garima asked her panicking.

"What do you want me to do? Do you want me to marry him?" She asked raising her finger at Akash.

"Khushi... don't get angry..." Garima tried to console her.

"It's better to live with an old man than a gambler... how could you say he won't do it again? I'm not a doll to gamble on."

"I will never do that again Khushi..." Akash said making a sad face.

"Shut up... I don't want to hear anything from you." She sneered at him.

"Trust me Khushi..." Akash tried his level best.

"Trust....? Really? Who gave you the right to bet on me? Who are you to do that? Just because these brainless women did engagement, would you sell me to someone?" She spitted fire on him.

Akash bowed down.

"You don't deserve to call as a MAN... a real man won't gamble on any woman. I will die rather than marrying you."

"Khushi... you don't have to marry him... at the same time you no need to marry this old man too," Garima said.

"How could you say that?" The inspector asked furiously.

"I won't get my daughter to marry an old man. We are not responsible for Akash's act." Garima said.

"If you don't let this marriage happen then we will go to the court." The inspector warned her.

"No need Inspector... I'm ready to marry him." Khushi said sternly.

"Khushiiiii.... " Garima shouted.

"Garima, we can do nothing about it. Akash lost the bet on Khushi. If we don't agree with the marriage then they will go to court. Then our village will have a police station... "

"I don't care if our village has a police station... in fact, I want a police station in this village. If the police station would have been here, Akash like a useless fellow would not have gambled.... My daughter's life would not have spoilt..." Garima cried.