26 Acceptance

Part26 Acceptance

"Are you in your sense, Khushi? How could you trust a man who you know for a few days?" Garima exclaimed.

"Amma is right Khushi... we can't believe a stranger," Payal said.

Khushi was about to say something, NK gestured her NO.

"You guys be calm. We have to get them married if Khushi likes him. this is what we have to do because we should think about Khushi's happiness" Akash said.

Khushi and NK became happy about Akash's stand.

"What do you say Damadji?" Garima questioned him shockingly.

"Yes, what you heard is right. When Khushi loves him, we should respect it."

"But, he is a stranger... we know nothing about him..." Payal said.

"I think you are unnecessarily worrying. The man who spends money for his would be mother in law could not be wrong."

"But..." Garima hesitated.

"Don't worry. Why I'm here? I will take care of everything." Akash assured.

"Thank you so much Jeejaji." Khushi thanked him happily.

At the same time, the doctor came to remove Garima's Band-Aid. They stopped talking and the doctor had done the job. Garima slowly opened her eyes. She was overwhelmed, seeing her daughters before her. She smiled at them.

"You can go home tomorrow evening. You shouldn't see bright light for next ten days. Be careful."

"We will take care of it doctor." Khushi assured.

The doctor left the room. Both of her daughters rushed to her and hugged.

"I never thought I can see you." She overwhelmed.

"It's because of yours would be son-in-law." Akash smiled.

"Have you concluded that he is my would-be son-in-law?" Garima asked smilingly.

"Then what? It's not easy to get such a son-in-law."

Khushi felt proud of not only Arnav but also Akash.

....

Arnav became relieved, knowing about Akash's stance on the marriage. He hugged NK who just conveyed the message.

"You can go to Khushi's house anytime to ask her hand." NK smiled.

"Thank god... finally, everything is settled." Aman said happily.

"I didn't expect Akash will stand for Khushi. If he didn't take lead, Khushi's mother would not have agreed to the marriage easily." NK said.

Shyam who just entered the room stopped hearing that. Did Khushi's family agree to the marriage? Really? How it is possible? Did the president exaggerate about the villagers? How they easily accepted the proposal?

"We can't be happy because we can't ignore Mahi's words." Arnav said.

"Yeah..." NK agreed.

"Why not you go and meet him?" Aman asked.

"Yeah... go and tell him that everything is happening as per his words." NK said.

Shyam frowned. Who is Mahi? Whom they are talking about? What the connection between him and Arnav? What's happening here?

"I will go to the temple tonight after Shyam goes to the village casino to gamble."

"So, they are cautious about him then. But why?" Shyam supposed.