4 Young Man

Part 4 

"Where were you?" Asked Aman.

"I didn't get sleep as this is a new place. So I just went to take fresh air" Shyam answered while changing his dress. He laid down on his bed, covering himself by the quilt.

Aman was about to ask Arnav something about the dream, Arnav gestured to him NO. Aman understood that he doesn't want him to talk in front of Shyam about it. He nodded yes and went to his bed after having water.

Arnav wondered why suddenly the dream got changed. He saw only a girl in the dream until yesterday. But today, there was a guy. He is none other than Arjun who the girl always calls. What does the dream mean? What does it want to say to him? Is it conveying something to him? Why the dream changed especially after stepping into this village? Are the girl and Arjun connected to this village? Are they alive? Do they need his help? There are many questions hitting his brain. In that, he couldn't sleep easily.

Next Morning

Aman was taking bath and Shyam already finished bathing. But Arnav was still sleeping as he slept late. Today, they have to visit the SPOT of their archeology survey. Aman came finishing his bath, wrapping a towel around his waist. He tapped Arnav's shoulder.

"Wake up ASR"

"Mmmmm"

Aman rushed inside, hearing the door opening sound, sensing that someone is coming because he was with a towel.

Arnav was squeezing his eyes to open them. When he opened his eyes, he saw Khushi keeping the breakfast on the small table. He sat on the bed, jerking.

"Namaste" she wished.

Arnav nodded his head.

"Where is NK?"

"NK?"

"I mean NandKishor," he asked as if he expected NK only.

"Ohh Nanne...? He went to the field, early in the morning as there is sowing work going on in his field"

"Field? He said he is a graduate?"

"Haan... he is a graduate in Agriculture"

"Ohh..." Arnav raised his brows.

"He does organic forming," She said smiling.

"That's great. You too get vegetables from him and cook for us" he requested.

"Arrey... I also cultivate vegetables in our home garden. I also don't use chemicals. Understand?"

Arnav nodded yes.

She was about to go,

"NK said he will take us to the SPOT. Will he come or we should go?"

"He didn't say anything about it."

"where is his field?"

"The field and your SPOT are nearby. I will send someone to take you there"

Arnav nodded yes.

Khushi turned to leave the place and jerked as Shyam was standing close to her.

"Hi, how are you? Don't forget I'm also here..."

"So?" she frowned.

"Nothing... just like that"

She looked at him and then Arnav. She left the place said nothing.

Arnav didn't like his behavior towards Khushi.

"Why did you talk to her like that?" he asked, tightening his jaws.

"What I talked about? I didn't say anything wrong?"

They heard,

"He won't talk to us but only girls it seems," Aman said.

"Talking to you and a girl is different," Shyam said smirking.

Arnav and Aman spared a glance.

They had breakfast. Somewhat, they relieved because Khushi's food was so tastier.

"She and her dexterity are good," Shyam said.

"This is not fine. NK has arranged for her to provide us food. If you do something, we will starve for sure" Aman said.

"We may send out of the village too. Did you forget what the president said?" Arnav said looking at him firmly.

"I just talked usual... shouldn't I say anything?"

He stood, finishing the breakfast. Arnav didn't feel good about Shyam. He fisted his fingers. He already confused about the dream and this village. Adding to it, this Shyam...

After a while

Khushi sent a boy to take them to the field. The trio followed the boy. Aman and Shyam asked the boy about the village. But Arnav was silent, the entire way.

"What's your name?"

"Shushant"

"What are you studying?"

"Eighth standard"

"Are not you going to school?"

"Will go"

Aman got horrified, not seeing Arnav who followed them. He saw him going somewhere towards their left-hand side. Aman shouted from behind...

"A....S...R...."

But Arnav didn't respond to him.

Aman and the boy ran towards him whereas Shyam stood there confusingly. Aman stopped Arnav.

"Where are you going man?" Aman asked him panting hard.

Arnav looked at him and raised his hand indicating something.

"I'm going to the temple"

Aman looked at the direction where he could see only trees.

"Temple? What rubbish? We are new to the village. We are taking this boy's help to reach NK's field. You are talking like you know the village well"

"There is a temple Aman... Shiv Mandir" Arnav said firmly.

Before Aman said anything...

"Yes... there is a temple"

The boy said. Arnav and Aman looked at the boy dumbfounded.

"He is right. There is a Siv Mandir, at the beginning of the forest. It's an old one. No one goes there other than the YOUNG MAN. But how do you know that?"

The boy asked.

Arnav was staring at him blankly so did Aman. What's happening? Arnav just stepped into the village yesterday then how he knew about the temple which is away from the village?

"Who is YOUNG MAN? Where is his house? When does he go to the temple?" Arnav arrowed those questions, towards the boy.

"He stays there in the forest only. No one could see him. He has no house... no relatives. No one knows where he goes when he comes. He does Pooja in the temple but doesn't know when. We can't see him just like that. We can see him only if he wishes"

"Since, when he is doing Pooja in the temple?" Arnav asked.

"My ma told me that he is doing that for more than EIGHTY years"

"Eighty years?" Arnav and Aman both asked him shockingly.

The boy nodded yes.

"You said he is YOUNG?"

"He is a hundred years old man but you won't believe that if you see him. He is hundred years old still he does everything briskly. So, villagers named him YOUNG MAN."

Arnav became restless. Maybe the YOUNG MAN give him the answer about the dream and his wired feeling about the village? But how could he meet him? Will he wish to meet him? Arnav's heart clouded with the YOUNG MAN thought.

To be continued...