16 The Previous Birth

Part16 

Arnav looked at NK like, "who is he?" seeing Shivshankar with him as he didn't expect his father soon. Shivshankar went speechless, seeing Arnav. Except, the hair-style, there is no difference between Arjun and Arnav. Arnav became embarrassed by his constant gaze. He raised his eyebrows towards NK.

"He is my father."

"Your father? But you said he will come only at the weekend?"

"Curiosity of meeting you brought me here soon," Shiv replied, not taking his gaze from Arnav.

"Namaste, Sir." Arnav greeted him.

"I can't believe this. I really can't...." Shiv murmured.

"I was also curious to meet you. I will be grateful to you if you clear my doubts."

"I will tell you what I knew."

"Who is Karan Singh? Why did he kill Arjun?" Arnav started interrogating.

"It's because he also loved Arjun's girlfriend Khushboo. He was not ready to sacrifices her for anyone. So, he killed both of them by using Sumar Singh."

"Who is Sumer?"

"Arjun's friend."

"Being Arjun's friend, how did he help Karan to kill Arjun?" Aman questioned, not understanding.

"Karan got to know that Khushboo had fallen in love with Arjun. He tried his level best to break them apart but it never happened. Arjun and Khushboo were so firm in their stance as they loved truly. Karan knew he couldn't do anything against Arjun as he was so strong. So, Karan played a trick and used Sumer. Sumer belongs to a Royal Lineage. He and Arjun were so close to each other but Arjun maintained the distance as Sumer belongs to the Royal family. He helped Arjun, a lot in the freedom struggle. Karan wanted to break the ties between Arjun and Sumer. Karan brought Sumar into their love matter by creating a desire in his mind on Khushboo. Khushboo was a beautiful girl who could captivate anyone's heart. She was a well-mannered girl also. So, Sumer also got captivated by her charms. Poor man, he didn't know that she loves Arjun.

"Being friends, didn't Arjun share anything about Khushboo with Sumer?" NK asked.

"What do you think? It was before eighty years... People were not so forward thinkers like this generation guys. And I told you Arjun maintained a distance from Sumer."

"Then, what happened?" Arnav asked him to continue.

"Arjun and Sumer hardly interacted as Arjun became a terrorist. In that gap, Karan had been grown desire in Sumer's heart for Khushboo. Khushboo was a nice girl. She respects everyone. As the same, she respected Sumer too. Sumer misunderstood that she also had feelings for him. Obviously, Karan is the one who created such an idea in Sumer's mind, using his brain."

Everyone was listening to Shiv keenly.

"At that time, Arjun burnt some British vehicles and went underground. The British ruler issued the shooting order to Arjun."

"Oh, God..." Aman panicked.

"My father was also wanted to take part in the freedom struggle but his parents didn't allow him. Though he didn't take part openly he indirectly helped Arjun many times. My father was the one who passed Arjun's important messages to Sumer and Khushboo. Arjun was giving a tough time to the police but he couldn't hold himself from meeting Khushboo. They often met in the temple. Except, my father and Karan, the Pandit of the temple knew their love story."

"You mean, the young man?" Arnav asked.

"Yes... he saved Arjun many times."

"Then?"