28 Turned Game

Part 28 Turned Game

The whole village was at Akash's residence, crying for Payal. We already know she slipped in the washroom and got hit on her head.

NK was helping in the rituals, running here and there. Arnav was standing with Aman whereas Shyam standing a little aloof from them, observing the rituals. Arnav couldn't stand Khushi's outburst. She was continuously crying, looking at her sister's lifeless body. Garima's stance squeezed their hearts.

"Hey merciless God... Why did you give my vision and make me see my daughter in this state? This is how you want to punish me? Why didn't you take me before my child? Instead of making me see my child living happily, why do you make me see her death?" she cried hitting on her face.

Khushi looked at Arnav who gulped hard.

Payal's final rituals got over. Akash fainted after giving fire to Payal's body, screaming her name. The villagers lifted him to the house. Everyone felt bad for him.

The next day

Arnav heard a knock on the door and surprised, seeing Akash.

"Yeah..."

"I know Khushi was the one who provided you food. She couldn't do that for a few days...until the rituals got over. But you don't have to worry about it anymore. You can eat at my house. I hope you won't take me wrong." Akash said politely.

Arnav looked at Aman and Shyam. Arnav had no problem as that will be a good chance to meet Khushi. Aman will also do that for Arnav but Shyam.

"We will come," Shyam said making them wonder.

Akash smiled at him.

"Thank you for your concern." Shyam also smiled at him.

After all, they are casino mates, Arnav supposed.

"I will be waiting for you," Akash said.

Arnav nodded yes.

Khushi was surprised, seeing Arnav in Akash's place. Arnav understood, seeing Khushi's face that Khushi has not come out of the tragedy yet.

"How are you?" he asked her in a delicate tone.

She nodded ok.

"You here?" she asked him.

"Akash called us," Arnav said.

Khushi smiled at Akash thankfully who also smiled at her warmly. She served them food with satisfaction. She was worried about their food. Thank god, Akash understood that.

They finished eating and sat there for a while. Shyam asked Akash.

"How did your wife slip?"

"I don't know... I ran to the washroom, hearing her scream, and saw her lying on the floor in the pool of blood. There was no movement in her." Akash chocked while saying that.

Arnav felt bad. It's very hard to see our beloved one's death in front of our eyes.

"We have to go as we have to submit the results of our work in a week," Shyam said.

Akash nodded ok. Arnav looked at Khushi and gestured her BYE. She nodded ok.

Akash regularly called them to his house as he didn't want them to struggle for food which made Arnav and Aman get a good impression on Akash.

One week later

It was the last day of the ritual. That day evening Garima and Khushi would leave Akash's place. Khushi was busy helping in the kitchen as the villagers would have food in Akash's place today.