25 Who paid?

Part25 Who Paid?

Arnav and Aman were ready to go to the hospital to pay the bill. Grima's operation was done. Today, the bandage from her eyes will be removed. And Arnav has to return Shyam's money. So he wanted to go to the bank. Taking the pan card and the identity card, he looked at Aman.

"Shyam, we are going to town. We will be back soon."

"Then what about the work we started?"

"We officially submitted the leave application to our chief. He granted a day leave for us."

"If you had told me before that, I would have also applied for the leave. What would I do alone in the field?"

"Arnav has some work in Bank. That's why we are going."

"How do you go?"

"By NK's bike"

"Ok..."

Arnav and Aman started towards the town. After finishing the work, Arnav headed to the hospital whereas Aman went to purchase needed things from the nearby shop.

Hospital

"Happy Birthday, Khushi."

"Thank you, jeeji." Khushi hugged her.

Payal kept vermillion on Khushi's forehead.

"From where did you get this vermillion?"

"Didn't you see a small mandir on the hospital campus?"

Khushi nodded yes.

"I brought it from there."

Khushi took blessings from Garima.

"Amma, you are going to see me on my birthday."

Garima nodded yes.

"Jeeji, Amma should have medicine before the meal."

"Yes, let me give it to her."

That's when Khushi saw the water bottle empty.

"Jeeji, I will bring water." She said to Payal.

"Ok" Payal nodded.

Khushi went to the cooler to fill the water.

Arnav who was paying the bill in the counter saw her going with a bottle. Without taking the bill, he rushed towards her, not giving heed to the bill collector.

Khushi went to the cooler which was near the staircase. Arnav who came behind her dragged into the gap which is under the staircase. Khushi was about to shout, he closed her mouth.

"Shhhh... it's me..."

Seeing Arnav, Khushi's eyes softened. Arnav removed his hand from her mouth.

"App...? What are you doing here?"

"I came to meet you."

"Amma's operation is done. She is going to see us today," she said excitedly.

Arnav nodded yes smilingly.

"Happy Birthday..." He pecked her forehead.

"How do you know, today is my birthday?"

"NK said..."

Arnav removed a box from his pocket. He opened it. Khushi saw a ring. Arnav inserted it in her index finger of the left hand. He kissed her knuckle.

"Aru, I can't take it," she said in a gauzy tone.

"But why?"

"Amma will ask me about it. You know I won't lie."