8 Digger Sab

Part 8 

"Who is Arjun Khushi?"

Khushi frowned at him.

"Tell me, who is Arjun?" he asked controlling his wrath.

"Arjun is an archer... one of the PANDAVAS," she said shrugging her shoulders.

Arnav gritted his teeth. Before he said anything, Aman took lead to keep the situation balanced.

"You are right Khushi"

Aman pressed Arnav's shoulder who looked at him frowning. Aman pleaded with him to be quiet by his gesture.

"Didn't I say Khushi knows these things?"

"I know the whole Mahabaratha and Ramayana," she said proudly.

"See... villagers are so clever" Aman grinned.

Khushi nodded yes smilingly.

"Don't underestimate villagers" she smiled.

"She is right"

"DIGGER Sab, keep the ghee safely. Small quantity is enough to make the food tastier"

"Wow...really?" Aman didn't let Arnav answer.

"Jee"

"But, Khushi... his name is Arnav.... not DIGGER"

"Oh...I don't know his name that's why I called him Digger sab"

Aman was blocking Arnav from reaching Khushi standing between them and handling the situation.

"Call me Arnav... just Arnav," he said pushing Aman aside.

"Arrey... how could I call you without respect?" she asked him widening her eyes.

"Keep your respect in your heart," Arnav said sternly.

"Then how will you know my respect if I don't show you? And what's the value of my respect if I suppress it in my heart?"

Her answer softened Arnav.

"It's not necessary to show everything," He said meeting her eyes.

"Go sab... I won't agree with it. I used to show what I feel for others. Be it good or be it bad"

"Ohh really? Will you show everything on your face?" Aman asked curiously.

"Haan... I don't talk if I don't like the person."

"What if you like the person...?" Aman questioned.

"I will definitely tell the person how much I like him/her"

"That means, won't you lie?"

"I hate liars"

Arnav was about to say something, Aman gestured him something. Taking the bag Khushi left the room. Aman huffed in relief. He hugged Arnav and hopped happily.

"What the...."

"I got it... I got it...." Aman hopped happily.

"Stop hopping, damn it"

"I was not sure of something ASR... but now, I believe it"

"What?"

"Love makes men stupid" he laughed.

"I will kill you" Arnav exclaimed.

Here he is bothered about Khushi's boyfriend Arjun but Aman is laughing at him?

"Wait ASR... Listen to me and then kill me"

" What you are going to say? Khushi doesn't like liars so she is not lying about Arjun. She has no idea about Arjun. This is what you want to say?"

Aman widened his eyes.

"That means, you are not stupid," Aman said suppressing his smile.

"I understood that when she uttered it"

"Thank God, then why did you look distressed?"

"Then what? You didn't let me talk to her"

"Ohh... I thought you will mess the situation asking her about Arjun"

"No...I think she doesn't know the IDIOT Arjun"

"Exactly"

"Then who the hell is he? Why she called him in the dream?"

"Relax ASR... the girl in your dream is Khushi. You have been seeing the blurred imaged dream for six months. But after coming to this village, in just two days, you got to know who the girl is. I think, in a few days everything will be revealed."

Arnav nodded yes. But he decided to go to the temple the next day to meet the young man.

"I was scared when you asked Khushi about Arjun in your BASE voice." Aman teased him.

Arnav was silent. He himself doesn't know why he became furious knowing that Khushi loves Arjun and why he shows rights to her.

"She would have felt bad if you asked her anything stupid. She is an orthodox village girl. LOVE things are not a simple matter to her. Please don't lose your temper and mess it"

Arnav didn't know what to say. He couldn't think of Khushi as a stranger. Aman understood his turmoil. He tried to change his mood.

"Digger sab, I'm hungry. Shall we eat?"

Arnav laughed at him.

"What a name she gave you...DIGGER SAB..."

They started eating, laughingly.

"By the way where is Shyam? He suddenly got vanished?" Aman asked.

"Who knows? I don't know where he is going into this new place"

"Yeah... he is roaming like this village has malls, amusement parks, movie theaters..."

"We shouldn't be aware of him Aman. He is one of us. His actions affect us too. Don't forget that"

Aman nodded affirmatively.

NK was hearing their talks silently. He was relieved that Arnav understands Khushi. But this issue has not completed yet. Until Arnav knows who Arjun is, this issue will continue. He left the place thinking about it.

After dinner, they waited for Shyam but he didn't come till 9'o clock. Leaving the door unlocked, they laid down.

After a while, Shyam came inside without making a noise. Arnav and Aman pretended like sleeping. Shyam switched on the light and saw them sleeping. Removing his shirt, he was about to hang it on the stand, it slipped and a bunch of money fell from the shirt pocket. He collected the notes hurriedly and kept it back in his shirt pocket. After getting fresh, he had dinner and slept. Arnav and Aman had no idea, from where he got money. Thinking about it, they slept.

After a while

The dream came again. It was a blur as usual. Arnav saw Khushi lying on someone's lap. He must be Arjun. She touched his cheek and he hugged her tightly. It seems, they blandishing each other.

Slowly... the scene got cleared. They are not blandishing... Khushi's hand was full of blood so was Arjun's. He was facing his back to Arnav.

"Arrrr....." Khushi uttered painfully. She couldn't even complete his name. Her hand which was touching his cheek fell on the ground lifelessly...she died.

"Khushhhhhh..." Arjun shrieked. It seems he is also in the same pain as Khushi. Yes, his body was also been drenched by blood. He cried hugging her. The next moment, Arjun fell on her lifeless body, taking his last breath. Now, Arjun's face was visible to Arnav. And Arjun is none other than HIM... ARNAV.

To be continued...