Chuck 1/ The Introduction

Prompt: Imagine Chuck writing you into the story.

A/N: Hey! So... It's been just over a year since I last wrote on this story, but I truthfully haven't put much work at all into this since just before the finale was released, which was also a difficult time. Things have changed sooo much in the last two years, but I'm happy to say this book is finally coming to an end. I have a few chapters that I started a long time ago that I'm going to wrap up and then call this completed! All in all though this has been fun and I'm looking forward to continuing writing in a different way!

As brothers Sam and Dean finished their recent case, they were on the path back to their residence for some downtime, riding the trusted Impala. Dean insisted on stopping at a local bar for a drink and since he was driving, Sam did not have much of a choice. Narrowing in on a few too many, Dean was entranced by a young woman singing karaoke. The woman had a soft voice that seemed to hit every note just right, even with some drinks in her as well. This woman had long brown hair with some bright highlights that encouraged a sparkling look in her eyes. Her smile was small, enough to be mysterious and seductive. The young lady wore nothing spectacular. Dean glanced around to see if she took a special interest in anyone or had friends she had come here with, but could not make a determination.

Dean was able to quickly convince himself that he was meant to be with this woman. Whether it was for a night or the rest of his life, he didn't care. As it was usually the prior, that didn't matter. The older brother was narrowing in on drunk and a drunk Winchester was not a smart or nice Winchester. This woman seemed too kind to expose to the damage of a drunkard this night.

All too soon, she had disappeared. Her words echoed in Dean's mind. He was aggravated he could not find her. He never had to actively pursue a woman. They typically fell in his lap and that worked well for him as he was not one to put in much effort. Dean had fallen in love less than a handful of times in his life. He knew that the job was important, that hunting meant saving lives and too often, the world. It was his priority.

However, priorities could change. Despite Dean's arguments, Sam insisted the two of them head to a motel to rest for the night, and he grabbed the keys. Dean grumbled objectively. He cast a few more looks that he deemed seductive to the woman, hoping she would take notice to follow. There was a strange, unfamiliar tug to her. While he shrugged a shoulder in annoyance that she was not making eye contact, Dean could feel someone watching him. 

Before stepping outside with Sam, Dean shot one more glance around the room. A sense of familiarity tingled down his spine. Chuck. He had to have something to do with the stunning woman. More bull regarding fate and destiny. 

But this time, Dean would not let Chuck win. He walked out.