Demon!Dean 1/ Valentine's Day

Prompt: (above). Demon!Dean always coming to your rescue despite him denying any feelings he secretly has for you. This takes place on Valentine's Day.

Warning: this is taking place after the Mark of Cain, so has spoilers if you're not there yet... hence the title.

Thanks for 400 reads!!

You fumbled through the contacts list on your phone, stopping at the D's. There was maniacal laughter in the hallway. You hid yourself in the small closet, trying not to fall on any of the shoes or get blood on the clothes. You needed help and knew the person to call.

"Hello, sweetheart. What may be the problem today?" His deep, egotistical voice shot through the phone line.

You whispered, "I need your help, Dean. There's some monsters... windigos, maybe? They're outside my room and I left my gun in the living room."

"Already? Wasn't I at your apartment not even a week ago, Y/N? Deal with it yourself."

"Please, Dean." Your voice was barely there, hearing the monsters growling, now just outside your room.

The line clicked off.

You weren't a hunter, just someone who had fallen into the wrong crowd as a teenager and discovered that monsters actually existed. Now, years later, you had made some friends and stayed away from the hunting life. You shook in the closet as the door was kicked open, squeezing your e/c eyes shut, rinsing your eyelashes with tears.

Why couldn't you have been normal? You asked yourself. You didn't have to become an alcoholic, hang around drug dealers, go to rage parties, or meet Dean Winchester. You were calm now, in your late twenties. You wished you could have settled down and found some nice to fall in love with, instead of Dean, someone who would never stick around. However, you realized in the last month that he had become a demon. You weren't sure what to do.

There were three large men that swarmed your room, looking around. One kicked the bed on its' side, another kicking over the lamp for no reason. The other walked around to where you were crouched. You tried to steady your breathing. Right as the door was getting opened, three shots rang out. You slowly opened your eyes and found four men in the room now.

Dean Winchester stared at you. You gulped and looked down, instead checking that the three monsters were, in fact, dead. They were, of course. Turning away from Dean, you wiped at your face, trying to be presentable.

"I guess it's time for me to move again, huh?" You laughed slightly, your throat burning.

"Why do you think you can call me and expect me to be here for you no matter what time it is, no matter where I am?" He demanded, walking towards you.

You moved back one step, but met his green eyes, noticing that they were anything but helpful. They flashed black and your heart jumped into your stomach. You tried reassuring yourself that this was Dean; he would never do anything to hurt you.

"Because you do," you answered softly.

He narrowed his eyes, barely a foot away from you. "I do what?"

"You always come when I call, even if I am not in trouble," you responded, feeling your heart race rapidly.

"I do not always come when you call. You mean nothing to me. The only reason I stopped by today was being I was near, working on a kill." Dean glowered, towering over you.

"I think you mean a hunt." You stood up straighter. "Dean, you care about me enough to not want me dead."

"I don't care about anything anymore, Y/N," he said.

His words hurt, but you knew it wasn't really Dean Winchester. He had become a demon, though you didn't know how to fix him. You were against the wall now and took in his outfit: red and black plaid shirt, black undershirt, black jeans, and boots. You were forced to look into his eyes, which were now black, as his hands wrapped around your shoulders.

"I don't believe you," you said quietly, knowing now would be the perfect time to let him go. If Dean left in this state, he would still come back the instant you called, but you wanted to prove that he cared.

He simply raised an eyebrow and you lost it, pressing your lips against his. This was definitely new. You had never done anything unexpected, usually sticking to the same routine, and especially not kissing someone who had become a demon.

"Hey, wanna-date-me?" Dean mushed his words together on your lips, one arm trapping you, placed on the wall, the other wrapped snugly on your waist.

"S-sure," you mumbled back, eyes fluttering.

Once he pulled away, you took a breath and tried to clear your mind. Of course you weren't regretting a thing, just thinking it through. Sure, the probability of living wasn't high dating a demon and the end result wouldn't be great being with a Winchester, but you were going to go for it anyways.

"Happy Valentine's Day, Dean-o."