Sam 1/ Happy Birthday

Idea: Random quote I found.

Prompt: "I can't believe you would do this to me!"

You paced back and forth, waiting for your boyfriend, the famous Sammy Winchester. It was date night and you had something in store. After Sam rang you that he was on the way home, you rushed to get yourself ready, putting on a pair of black skinny jeans, light green and blue plaid over a thin black t-shirt. You walked around your house, making sure everything was in place. Finally, you heard the sound of keys jiggling from the entry way and you paused in the hallway.

Sam was laughing. You immediately thought your plan had failed already, though there was no way it could be. He was probably on the phone, you thought. You heard him say goodbye to Dean and then spoke loudly, calling your name. You hurried down and nearly tackled him into a hug. Sam Winchester had gone through hell, but he was okay. He continued to go on hunts, every now and then, but he always came home to you. So of course you wrapped your arms around him in greeting. There was no one you loved more than him.

"Hey, Y/N. I'm glad to see you too. How's work been? Chocolate been alright?" Sam asked, after kissing the top of your head. You worked at a candy store, where you found a puppy next to a garbage can one night, when you and Sam first started dating. You brought him home and cared for him, naming him Chocolate, since he was a brown lab.

"It's been fine, to answer the first question. And yes, he's been great. He's sleeping right now," you told him. You glanced around the kitchen to make sure everything was in place, hoping Sam was to distracted to notice.

"How's the hunt go?" You ask, trying not to tap your foot impatiently. Of course you cared about how the hunt with his brother went... but you were also really anxious to get on with your plan.

"It was fine. It took a bit longer than expected with a couple rouges trying to attack the 'pala... so Dean had to stop and fix his Baby. A basic salt and burn, thankfully. I think Dean might stop by next weekend with Cas for my birthday. Which reminds me, we aren't doing anything huge to celebrate, right?" Sam rambled on, simply happy to be with you again. You were his first steady girlfriend after Jess... which was over ten years ago. A demon didn't count. You had been dating for almost two years now, your anniversary falling exactly a month after his birthday. 

"Well..." You grinned sheepishly. You loved to set up big parties and just to have fun, and putting the spotlight on Sam was definitely a highlight.

"Y/n, you know I don't want a huge party," he objected, headed towards the couch. You immediately excused yourself to the bathroom, when you actually waited in the hallway. You heard his shifting movements, thankful for the archangel Gabriel. You knew that the brothers didn't often get along with angels, but they seemed to tolerate this trickster, and you were glad, because he made an awesome friend. You heard the squeezing sound of farting and held in a giggle as Sam sat on the whoopie-cushion. You heard him mumble: "What the..."

You walked back in a moment later. "Whoa, what is that smell?" You exclaimed, unable to hide the amusement from your y/e/c eyes, as you continued, "Anyways, I am not planning a huge party. Just something small with us, Dean, and a couple of friends."

"Y/N..." Sam's voice drained off. He was staring at you, but you couldn't decide on which emotion it was. You still had plenty of ammo left, but wanted to see how far until Sam caught on. "Um, what-what were you thinking for dinner tonight?"

You walked over and sat down next to him, specifically avoiding a cushion as you leaned over and kissed Sam's cheek, taking one of his hands. "I was planning on making something. I have some stuff already laid out."

He kissed you gently. "You really are the best. Do you need any help? I think I'm going to head into the shower soon, unless dinner will be soon or if you need any assistance."

"I know I'm the best, for starters. And I think I've got everything covered." You smiled sweetly, hesitating with letting him go. You always had feared that one day he would leave for a hunt without you and he wouldn't come back. You knew he was only going to the shower and had your games planned out for tonight. Sammy was back and your family was practically complete again.

<->

"Y/N?" You heard Sam's call from upstairs, just outside of the bathroom. "Where are the towels?"

You giggled, setting the plates on the dining table. You felt the steam float throughout the house and took off your top layer, leaving only the tight shirt, which for some reason your boyfriend found really sexy. Sam must not have used the fan and he really enjoyed hot showers. You didn't respond to Sam as you headed back into the kitchen to gather the food.

After a few minutes, Sam came down the stairs, only wearing a pair of jeans. He opened his mouth to question you again, before closing it abruptly. He stepped off the final one, and went to find you. And you found him with hair matted to his forehead, a single piece sticking right to his ear, and the outline of water on his abs. You took him in the way he stared at you - as if nothing more beautiful could be. As if you found your soulmate. Finally, he spoke.

"Y/N, honey, where are my plaids? And the towels? And my-"

God, he was something else. You reached towards Sam, enticing him in a strong kiss. "Dinner's ready. Oh, and happy early birthday."

<  Three   -    days   -    later >

"I can't believe you would do this to me!" Sam exclaimed. You were anxious to see his next move. You had basically made this date week, constantly teasing and playing games with each other, whether it have been throwing flour and sugar on one another, hot make out sessions before watching horror films, or hiding one another's clothes. Now, you hoped he wouldn't take this too seriously.

"Sam, listen-" You had resorted to begging. You reached for his hands, dropping your cards.

"No, Y/N. There's no way we can keep doing this." Sam said decisively. You bit your lip and fluttered your eyelashes, but only ending in a downward gaze.

"It's UNO, Sam. That's it. Just because I managed to get three Draw-4 cards-" You tried to keep your cool. You had beaten Sam at the last three games you had played, and you knew it was irritating. For the first month of your dating, he had let you win. Now, it was very competitive and very serious.

"Fine. Fine; whatever. I know something else we can do instead." His eyes met yours and you felt your cheeks flush in response. Damn, he still had this affect on you.