Cas & Meg 1/ Continued Romance

Idea: Aaliyah106916  my dear friend.
Plot: "Like how she makes him feel and stuff." Castiel and the demon Meg meet up after a hunt in his POV.

The Winchester brothers had encouraged Castiel to join them on a hunt. They were his friends, so of course he obliged. It was a simple vampire kill. Dean had almost gotten into trouble with the clan, but with Castiel there, everything seemed to go smoothly.

Cas insisted that he didn't need to go back to the bunker with the guys and that he was fine on his own. That lead him to be driving around in his car near midnight, trying to figure out what to do. That's when he noticed the silhouette of a woman walking along the side of the road. It was forty degrees outside and Cas understood now that that was cold.

He slowed down and rolled down a window, keeping his eyes on the road. "Do you need a ride, lady?"

She turned her head, lifting an eyebrow in surprise, and her lips tilted in amusement. "Sure, Clarence. Whenever, wherever."

"I do not understand that- do you need a ride to somewhere, Meg?" Cas asked.

Meg Masters, demon. Sure, they didn't exactly get along. But Cas is a nice guy and didn't want to just drive away, even if it is from a demon.

She thought for a quick second, before the smile becoming more evident and more sinister. "Sure. That'd be great."

Castiel unlocked his car and Meg climbed in; both without wearing seat belts. They were in the car, silent and hardly conversing, for a good minute before he began to drive. He felt on edge, nervous, an emotion he was not used to.

"Where do you need to go?" Cas asked, trying not to let his glance be obvious as he noticed the purple under her small brown eyes. He took in the brown curls that were unattended to and the spots of dark red dried blood on the top of the collar. Meg turned and caught his gaze, a smirk formed. The former angel swallowed and turned away, unsure why he felt so very nervous.

"You could take me anywhere you'd like. But it would be more beneficial if you would drop me off at 4th and York Street," Meg said.

As soon as the location was spoke, Castiel pressed on the gas pedal, thankfully not too hard. He went down the road far enough before making a turn. He focused on every little move he made, anxious he would mess it up. He had even found a way to mess being God's Angel. Self-deprivation was not something an angel would be even close to getting used to, but Castiel had to remind himself that he was no longer an angel. He was human, very mortal and dully mundane.

"You do know where you are going, right?" Meg asked, clearly attempting a conversation, leaned forwards.

"Of course," he replied, his eyes flashing with a small annoyance.

His friend Anna hadn't had the chance to become human with all the angels fell. It lead Castiel to think how different he was as an individual, not just from when he was an angel, but now as a mortal too. He seemed to feel more. That did not make him understand references or titles easier; it just made him more curious to learn.

According to Castiel's mental math, it would take eight minutes to arrive at the corner of 4th and York Street. He wondered if he should continue talking or if it would be best to be left in silence. The most humanity he had been around was the brothers. Cas was unsure of how for react around females, but had to remind himself that Meg was not really a girl. She was a demon and demons were their own kind of species, one that should most definitely not be trusted.

"Are you sure your squirrel taught you how to prove properly?" Meg questioned.

Castiel knew from the last few years that she was referring to Crowley's use to nicknames towards him and the Winchesters. However, driving was something that came naturally to him. Dean would barely let him even sit in the passenger's seat, let alone drive his "baby".

"As a matter of fact, I taught myself," Castiel said.

He realized immediately after it sounded as if he was gloating, though he really was just making the statement. Meg didn't seem to view it that way.

"That makes me feel extra safe," she mumbled sarcastically.

"You are a demon. Even if I were to wreck this car, which I won't, you wouldn't be hurt in the slightest, only your vessel would," he responded truthfully.

Castiel rarely told lies, but he mostly did it for the benefit of others. Some mortal brains could not hold as much knowledge that he had. They were silent once again as he made another turn. Five more minutes, he told himself. Then Cas could return to his previous matters and forgot he even allowed a demon into his car.

"You would get hurt, though, wouldn't you?" Meg asked a minute later.

His conversation skills still weren't the best, but at least Castiel tried. He had to appreciate this vessel more. The tall blonde and snarky one just seemed different from the shorter brunette. They both held a demon, but something was off about what was occurring at that moment.

It made Castiel wonder, for the first time, if he was being lead into a trap. His blue eyes drifted away for a moment to glance at Meg Masters' vessel. There was a new emotion stirring deep down in Cas which ignited his fear.

"My vessel would, yes," he finally answered.

Meg looked around the whole ride, but just landed her gaze on the former angel. Cas felt a pulse quicken before realizing it was his own. He questioned what that meant.

He pulled into a corner parking spot. They had reached 4th and York Street. It was time for the two opposites to separate.

"We have arrived." Castiel said plainly.

"Thanks for the notice, Clarence. I'll see you around," Meg said. She leaned over and kissed his cheek, before leaving the vehicle, before leaving Castiel alone.