Lucifer 1/ Humanity

Idea: something I got off Pinterest.

Prompt: above. Lucifer appears on television, claiming he needs help due to something invading Hell. Demons are injured.

You sat back in the chair, bored. Channel surfing was not helping. After dozing off, you clicked on the up button, landing on a news station. An attractive man with dark blond hair and blue eyes caught your attention. The more noticeable thing, however, was his outfit. He was in dirty greens, not a suit or anything like a newsperson. Intrigued, you turned up the volume.

"Hello, world. I, normally, would never resort to speaking through this odd machine to you abominations. This is not a natural cause. Something has invaded Hell and we need your help. Demons are getting hurt and the world you know it is coming to an end, and not the good kind. Oh! And who am I, you ask. I am the devil. If you want to help, help. You should be able to find me."

The channel cut off. You snorted to yourself - yeah, right. You didn't believe that guy at all. No way in hell was that guy the Lucifer that had taken over Hell. This was every hunter's worse nightmare. Well, second to having all of your family destroyed in the business.

Yeah, you were a hunter. Retired now, though, in your mid thirties. You had toppled once too many times and twisted your ankle, making it difficult to run quicker. There weren't many single female hunters, so you liked to mark yourself as pretty decent. You had even hunted with the famous Winchester brothers a couple of times. Of course, that was back in your prime...

Now, you worked at the mall, specifically at Build-A-Bear, making little kid's dreams come true by killing their parents wallet. Your brain was telling you that it would be a horrible idea to try to find this man and demand the truth, no matter how desperately you felt you should. So you followed your instincts instead and turned the television off, grabbing your keys.

You locked the door behind you, making way to your navy F150. In a simple outfit, consisting of leggings, long plaid shirt, and boots, you hoped you would still be able to kick ass if needed. After starting the vehicle, you realized that you didn't know the precise location of where the fake-Devil was.

There was only one place you could think of nearby. Obviously, news-stations were for cities, so all you had to do was figure the one place that news had been covered the most. Thinking about past cases lead you to an old diner, a few miles away from a cemetery. The diner had a waiter's suicide in the break room, two different at random shootings, and an ex-ghost, before you had gotten rid of it.

You grabbed your purse, filled with gum, pepper spray, rock salt, a small hand gun, a knife, your ID, and some money. The lights were on in the diner, though it was only eight am and they didn't open until ten. The wind began to pick up. You looked at the sky and noticed that storm coulda have appeared overhead.

Stepping down, you guarded your eyes from the sudden flash. It took you a moment to realize it was from a camera - aimed straight at your face. A small man, probably only a teenager, was starting at you. You couldn't decide that he was an immediate threat, so you simply glared and demanded he tell you who he was.

"Someone showed," he giggled maniacally, leading you to decide that he was a monster. You quickly dipped two fingers into your purse, wrapping around the pocket knife. You were about to slit his wrist to determine for sure, when three cars came in the opposite direction. Actual news reports stepped out, some more cautious than others.

You pushed the man aside and went into the building, dirt sliding on the soles of your boots. There was a man with his back to you, that you identified as the man you saw on tv. He turned around and met your eyes, a sentence forming on his lips, that paused. The deep blue roamed your body, falling back onto your own y/e/c. You felt you should act, preferably with a weapon, but his gaze had you hooked.

"Whoa, um. Sorry, sir." A voice squeaked behind you. The two of you tore your eyes from each other and back on the mouse of a man.

"Dismissed." His voice was arrogant, silky, and controlling. The shorter man sniffed and ran back outside, the door slamming.

"Are you mute or just in awe of my presence?" He- the "devil"- asked.

You gathered your thoughts and examined the room, one hand still with the weapons in your purse. "Of course I can speak. It isn't right to talk poorly of the ill."

"The ill are like that because of their-" He began to rebuff you immediately, still watching the door. He cut himself off when he turned back to you.

"So what's going on here? Who are you, really?" It would be so easier for the Winchesters if they talked things through instead of just fighting and killing things. That's what you've decided to do ever since you hurt your ankle, even when you weren't fighting - words seemed to solve problems.

"You're here because you watched the television, right? If so, then you know who I am. I'm Lucifer, pleased to meet you..." He began bouncing towards you, an amused look in his eyes.

"The name's Y/N. Now would you tell me who you are and what you want?" You demanded, noticing his lack of personal space.

He furrowed his brow. "I just told you."

You released a sarcastic laugh. "No, really? What took over Hell then?"

Of course you didn't know the real answer, but wanted to see what lie he would spew up. The man looked confused and stepped even closer. He lowered his already deep voice.

"That's the problem, sweetheart. I don't know. It's killing my demons and I can't have that. You really want to help me?" He asked. You felt like his eyes were staring into your soul, seeing your hesitancy. "Or do you not believe me?"

You felt heat began to creep up your neck, so you turned away and walked towards a wooden table with a stack of papers. Without looking at him, you answered.

"Actually, I don't. And my name isn't sweetheart, either. So if you do want my help, prove it," you said and shrugged, zipping up the contents in your purse.

He flashed a cruel smile, knotting your insides. Walking back to you, his eyes flashed red. Unwillingly, your arms were pushed back - without even being touched. You gasped. Holy shit, this was the devil! The devil that was continuously trying to start the apocalypse, the one who has tried to end human life since the beginning; you could go on forever.

"Believe me now, sweetheart?" He asked in a low-voice, his glowing eyes slowing changing back to blue.

You nodded, trying and failing to free your arms without making a scene. You were glaring at him as he cupped your face, rather roughly, and set his lips against yours. You struggled for only a moment, before kissing back, allowing this despicable thing to occur. Feeling your arms sag free, you wrapped them around his neck.

As a hunter, this was the perfect position. You could strangle him, though that would take many minutes. Or you could kick him in the crotch and take him out for another few minutes.

But you continued to kiss him. Why, you weren't sure. You figured it was pure physical attraction, simply to his vessel and voice. Of course, the real answer was way off. The kiss had sealed the day, making Lucifer realize his sudden liking of you. You were soulmates. A hunter and a fallen angel.

"Ready to help me save Hell?"

PART II: YES OR NO?