Gabriel 4/ Alive Part II

A/N: Hey guys! I have found some more Motivation to write and I'm excited! I'm hoping to update once a week or every other week. Thanks for sticking with me. I went back and read some of them since I only updated a few times in 2018, and gotta say, definitely hope I'm improving!

Idea: found someplace. Send help.

Prompt: Imagine finding out Gabriel is still alive and keeping it a secret until one day it slips when you are chilling out with the boys at the bunker.

"Don't shoot, it's only me." Gabriel winked and moved closer, cautiously with his hands raised.

"Gabriel..." Sam's voice trailed up, the ghost of a smile playing on his lips.

"What the hell, man? Where have you been?" Dean yelled, his jaw clenched angrily. He noticed Gabriel's eyes flicker from the gun and back, so he set it down on the coffee table. He sighed. You stood silently, flicking your y/e/c eyes between the brothers and the angel, uncertain on how this scene will play out.

"I've been a bit preoccupied in the underground scene, trying to avoid being spotted, and all that jazz. After my death-by-brother, I realized it was not safe to be around my siblings, or those from other religions. You two were such a large part of the upcoming war at the time and I couldn't risk it anymore..." Gabriel trailed off, lost in thought. His death scene was something the two of you had discussed after the thought, leaving everyone shock and distraught to be genuine.

"Risk what, Gabriel? Your life? You know with how many times that Sam and I have died combined you should know by now that death doesn't always stick. You just left us!" Dean shouted, clearly setting into a defense mechanism of arguing and putting up walls.

You saw Gabriel falter, torn. You wished you could know what was running through his mind at this moment, between longing for safety versus a family. But maybe you didn't. He just saved you from being torn a new one by the brothers and exposed himself. You wanted to comfort him, take his hand and tell him it would be okay. You supposed that's what love was, knowing the other person was suffering and something understanding there was nothing you could do for them except be there. Sometimes that really sucked, but it was how life was meant to be. Although you knew one day you would die and Gabriel would continue to live, but you wouldn't trade your relationship for the world.

"It was better for me to be away. I was no help. I didn't intend to fake my death that night, but I realized I could not find my brother. In the end, no one would win. So I applaud the tribulations you faced." He took a deep breath and you felt yourself step closer into the room. "I'm sorry. I should have done things differently, but I didn't."

You watched Gabriel completely open himself to the Winchester brothers. You were angry for a while after his death, even once it was shown to you he was well and alive, and it took time to heal and get over his lies and the pain he caused. But he bared his soul to you more than once, and after time, you forgave him. You hoped the boys could do the same.

"What, you expect to waltz back in here and all is forgiven? That's not how that works. The second Y/N is under heat for you - you're here. What's really going on?" Dean's voice was louder, his arms crossed. Sam still hasn't said anything.

You stepped forwards, pleadingly. "Dean, please don't be too mad. I know I hid this from the both of you and I'm sorry. You knew my feelings before what happened and when I discovered Gabe was still alive, he asked me to keep it secret, and I did."

Sam saw your nerves and though he seemed to be unsure of his own emotions at the moment, spoke up. "I get it, Y/N. I'm not thrilled about it, but I get it. But Gabriel, you died. We trusted you and got thrown into this whole mess of a whirlwind between Lucifer and Gabriel and things have only been getting worse for years."

Gabriel repositioned his feet. "I know. And I'm sorry. Sam, I am. To all of you, but I would not fight my brothers. This was a battle I could not get in the mix of. I hope you'll forgive me one day."

Dean still appeared angry, but his eyes softened when they looked at you. He could see the anxiety building up, how torn you must have been. He sighed. "Maybe, one day. But not right now. I'm going to go out for a drink. Sam?"

Man, did movie night get intense.

THE END.