Dean 9/ Comparison

A/N: Hope everyone's staying as safe as possible in these crazy times!

Idea: off of Instagram

Plot: Comparing Dean to other guys and him getting mad.

You were sitting next to Sam at the booth. The two of you were relaxing for once, pointing out people at the restaurant and determining what they did for a living and their hobbies, as two college dropouts interested in sociology do. As similar as the brothers were at random times, they were more noticeably different. You observed one guy with a similar hairstyle as Dean and was laughing about it with the longer haired brother as Dean returned from the bathroom. The older brother was closing in on tipsy, loudly requesting the bartender bring him a martini even if he wasn't finished with his beer. You decided to focus on having an overall good time with your friends, letting loose of the struggles and stresses that have recently been in the back of your mind.

"What, you think a haircut is their biggest similarity? I'm thinking-" Sam was cut off by Dean's loud arrival, quickly passing the both of you drinks as well.

"We talking haircuts, are we? Well, Sam, it's about time. I've been saying you need one for years now." Dean laughed to himself, praising his jokes with more humor than normal. His smile was surprisingly steady and he appeared easygoing for the time being, but you knew that the more he drank, the less calm he would be.

"Actually, Dean, we were discussing how much you look like that guy over there." You nodded in his direction. Sam looked wearily at you, knowing where this conversation could lead. Fortunately for you, you had also had a few to drink and were lacking in the fear department and recently checked out with confidence. Dean set down his drink, with a small squint at you before casually tossing his head back to look at the guy. The dude must have noticed or felt the staring because he glanced back uncomfortably before getting up to leave, taking his date with him in a hurry. Dean clenched his jaw as he turned back to you with an icy look.

"You wanna give us a minute, Sam?" Dean's eyes stayed on you. You returned the look with a smirk and tilted your head, ignoring the pound of your heartbeat increasing in your ears.

Sam leaned forward, a bit protective. You knew Dean was all bark and no bite, so you just gave a noncommital shrug. Sam gave an awkward smile to his brother and responded, "I'm fine, thanks."

Dean took another swig of his beer. "That's not what I-" You slid out of the booth, placing a hand on your hip, gesturing to leave with the other, all while raising your eyebrows and adding sass with each word. "Let's talk outside, Dean."

He lifted his hands as if to say whatever and followed you out of the restaurant. You planned on just stopping at the entrance, but Dean grabbed your hand and kept walking to the shaded side until it was just the two of you within earshot. You basically lived with the brothers most of the time so you were very used to being alone with Dean and even used to seeing him with more alcohol in his system, but his body language suggested there was something actually upsetting him tonight.

You decided to test the waters and play it off with a laugh. "Dean-o, is this really about your little look-alike back there?" You leaned against the side of the building but stopped smiling when you realized he was not laughing.

He crossed his arms. "Listen, sweetheart-" You cut him off again, feeling like you needed to stand up a little straighter. "Uh-uh. Don't 'sweetheart' me unless you're being serious. I didn't mean to upset you and if I did, I'm sorry. I don't know why you're irritated right now."

"You want to know why I'm irritated? First, Y/N, there ain't no other men like me. Don't you forget that. And second, sweetheart.." One way you were certain would shut this Winchester up took him by surprise as you grabbed his collar into your hands and pulled him toward you, pressing your lips against his. When you parted, his hands stayed wrapped firmly around your waist, ensuring you would remain close to him.

"I was just talking about a haircut, Dean, that's all. You are most definitely one of a kind."