Dean 7/ Trustworthy or Shootworthy

Idea: found on Pinterest.

Plot: Dean stopping you from shooting Sam because you never met him before.

You and Dean had been dating for a couple years under the radar. You were both twenty six and honestly, very different people besides the fact you were both hunters. Dean has shared with you stories of his younger brother, Sammy, who made it big-time and attended a prestigious university, Stanford. You hadn't met John, their dad, either, not even by the time he went missing. It happened days apart from your cousin, one of the last living members of your family, dying horribly.

Clearly, you were having a sucky week. You and Dean had been having to sleep in his Impala for the last five days as you traveled through various states after he decided he needed his brothers help in tracking down John. He was a good support system, always cracking jokes, but you knew he was hurt too, especially when he didn't hear back from his dad. It was a reassuring form of comfort to know Dean was always there and that you would pick up the pieces for one another. You were sprawled out in the passenger seat, halfway asleep when the two of you arrived on the campus grounds.

"I'll be right back," Dean promised. He wore two jackets and you were snuggled in the one he wasn't wearing, which was the brown leather coat that made him look even more attractive.

It was only a few minutes until you heard a sound, so you didn't have anything to be worried about. Up until the passenger door swung open and a tall stranger was staring down at you. You immediately kicked him out of your way, jumping out of the car and grabbing the gun from the console and aiming it at the man who stumbled back. He looked disheveled, hair falling into his heartbroken eyes, and frowned seeing you in a jacket that was a bit too big on you. His arms shot up in self-defense with wide eyes.

"Who are you?" He sputtered.

"I should be asking you that!" You responded, shaking slightly. Fighting monsters was easy because they didn't really have a soul, but you were pretty sure that this large man in front of you was completely human. That didn't stop you from having your gun aimed straight at the strangers chest.

Dean appeared not too far behind him. "Sweetheart, it's okay. Put the gun down please. This is my brother Sammy."

You locked eye contact with your lover, who was not even fazed by the gun pointed at his brother. He knew if he told you something that you would believe him, even if it took a couple of questions. Your trust system was pretty high with each other. Dean nodded at you and you put the gun back in the console. Once you stepped back out of the car, Sam was still staring at you, confused. Now that you knew who he was, your mood instantly changed.

You extended your arm for a handshake. "Hi. Sorry about that. I'm Y/N, Dean's girlfriend."

Dean's younger but taller brother hesitated before softly shaking your hand. "Sam..."

"Perfect, we're acquainted. Let's hit the road," Dean said. You and Sam both turned to the passenger seat and hesitated at once. Who should get the seat next to Dean? You met Sam's dark eyes again and he gave you a tired, almost broken spirited smile. "Don't worry, I'll just sleep in the back."