Dean 12/ Jody's Daughter

Idea: credit and thanks are given to @-mcmahon

Prompt: The reader is Jody's daughter and a hunter that often works with the Winchesters. Reader and Dean's feelings grow without her mom or Sam finding out - until they do.

"We can't keep doing this," you whispered.

You were losing focus of the goal as lips trailed from your collarbone up your neck before finally meeting your lips. Green eyes flickered up to meet yours, filled with care and desire. His scruff teased your cheek before slowly backing away. Warm hands left your waist and instead were placed around your head, cupping your neck. His body hovered slightly above yours as you lay on your bed in the Mills' household.

"Why not, sweetheart?" His voice was low and inviting.

"D," you began, pulling his hands into yours. You thought it would have been a sweet gesture, but his hands laced in yours next to your head only created reminiscent of earlier in the day. "You know my mom could be home at any time. Sam, too. I'm not sure who she'd kill first, you or me. I want to, but..."

You trailed off with an unanswered thought. Dean took that for his own implication and sighed. He moved off and propped himself on an elbow next to you.

"I'm not getting the feeling you do, actually. It wasn't that long ago that you pulled me aside and told me how you felt. Maybe the last few months haven't meant the same," Dean said.

"What are you talking about?" Your voice was at a normal level now, bordering on self-exasperation. "You're exaggerating, babe. We agreed it would be best if the others didn't know. You said it yourself that it wouldn't be handled well."

The lighting through the window left a surprising amount of brightness to see the disappointment written on Dean's face. He got up, walked over, and closed the blinds. It took a second glance out the window to see the car belonging to your mom pulling up on the long path to the driveway. She and Sam were on a case that thankfully didn't require either of you. You sighed and climbed out of the bed as well. You went over to Dean, tugging on his jacket's sleeve to make sure he would see the sincerity you hoped was clear in your face.

"I've been thinking about testing that theory and decided it's a load of bull. They're family. They can suck it up if they don't want us to be together because I've waited too damn long to call you my girl," Dean said. He wrapped the arm you had touched around your shoulders and gave a light squeeze. You were surprised by the amount of emotional vulnerability he was offering. That was rare for a hunter, even more so for Dean Winchester.

You smiled at the thought, though it was more out of nervousness than relief. You weren't sure if you were ready to let others know that the infamous hunter of brother and son trio Dean Winchester was your boyfriend. That word felt foreign, even in your mind. The two of you were still relatively young. You could hear an expression ringing in your head, that you still had the rest of your life ahead of you, that you shouldn't invest in a relationship. But these were no normal circumstances. Hunters didn't always last long and you were willing to take whatever relationship you could get. But telling your mom? A whole different kind of scary.

"Dean, baby, I get where your head's at, but I just don't know. I like things being just between us for now," you admitted.

The small beep of your mom's old car went off, double-checking the locks. The pair of you had learned how long it took Jody to make it to the house once you were able to identify her car. That meant there was at most two minutes before she was using the many keys to get inside.

The drumming of a fast heart beating began to play in your head. Your eyes locked with Dean's once more and the urgency was undeniable as he pulled you towards him, his lips meeting yours fast. There was no time to be slow and sweet. Your hands moved to tug his hair back as his hands wrapped tightly around your hips, itching for something more. You clearly let what little time was left get away from the both of you. Soon enough, one of the locks had turned. You and Dean separated yourselves from each other, catching your ragged breaths.