Dean vs Sam 3/ Truth Hurts

Idea: honestly I'm just searching the web at this point send help

Plot: Imagine keeping your powers secret from the boys until one day you meet Cas and he reveals who you are.

Survival was key.

Although you had grown close to the Winchesters, you couldn't tell them that you were psychic to the extreme. You heard people's thoughts around you and could see through their perspective. You could usually control what you heard or saw, but sometimes an emotion was so powerful it tore through you.

That was why you couldn't tell the guys, especially Sammy. They had both gone through so much in their young lives, and when Sam was receiving visions from Lucifer, it was so much crueler than when you started out as a kid. They simply thought you were a hunter that could have easily gotten out of the life but chose to stay. Now, about five years after meeting them, you were staying at the Bunker with them.

A woosh of cold air zoomed through the room. You waited for a moment before a pair of blue eyes appeared through black. Your breathing slowed as you focused, staring straight into nothingness. A yellow trench coat flapping finally appeared in the center of the library.

"Cas," Dean said, surprised. "What's up, man? I didn't think that you were-"

The angel turned towards you, squinting. You were in the middle of drinking water and set down your glass. Dean silenced himself when he realized a reply was not going to happen. Castiel turned back towards the boys, as if he was going to ignore your presence.

"Why is there a psychic here?" The angel asked in a low voice.

Angels were tricky folk. They were always harder to sense. Like this one, it was only a matter of seconds before they were in your presence. Now, your cover was blown.

"I do have a voice," you piped up.

The boys faced you, clearly confused. Sam spoke first. "What are you talking about? Y/N is-"

"He's right," you said calmly. Surprisingly, you could feel your heart beat urgently against the rib cage. You knew what could happen and would it could mean. This would be a strong test of friendship between you and the Winchesters.

"A mind reader," finished Castiel. "She sees the future, along with being able to hear and visualize the thoughts of those around her. However," he turned to you, actually including you in the conversation. "You can do more than most psychics. Not only can you experience humans and monsters feelings, but it works on angels and demons as well. You are a powerful descendant."

"Tell me something I don't know." You shrugged with a hidden smirk and took a sip of your water.

The angel opened his mouth as if to answer, but Sam stood up to cut him off. "That's... um, not necessary. Because apparently, you know quite a bit."

You noticed his pink cheeks and embarrassed aura. Your eyes fell to Dean, who was making a point to not look at you, with a heavily guilty conscience. Their looks caused you to flush as well. They didn't have the most innocent of minds, especially when it came to you.

Castiel noticed the sudden change of the boys' stance as well. "I... well, this is... I apologize... I'm just going to..." And without another awkward pause, he vanished.

After a good and long thirty seconds, you moved toward the guys and stood in front of them. "Are you upset with me?"

"For not telling us the truth, yes," Dean said, red-rimmed sour apple green eyes shot to your own pair of y/e/c.

"No, we know you must've had your reasons," Sam said slowly, though you sensed his distrust.

Anger swelled strongly around Dean. You picked around the dictionary in your brain for the right words, something to calm him down. You sat in a wooden chair across from the boys.

"Oh, yeah? What reasons?" Dean spat.

"For one, it wouldn't have matter what I heard. I'm sure either of you would have continued your thoughts. Some were... much more present than others. Every individual has their own set way of thinking and eventually it would show through your actions. Second, you both have been played with before and I didn't want you to think I would do that to you. You've had people inside your head, toying with you, making you think or believe untrue things. By the time I realized I had your trust, it was so far after we had met. I didn't want to spring this onto either of you, and lose what we had created. I didn't lie when I said I could've escaped the hunting life. I've had many opportunities, but with a gift like mine, I couldn't stay away. I really want the two of you to understand."

It took more time, but they finally both nodded.

"How does it work?" Dean questioned, leaning forwards.

You smiled. Asking questions meant they were okay - at least they would be, with time.