Crowley vs Castiel 1/ The Replacement

Idea: Found upon Tumblr.

Plot: Imagine your ex, Crowley, trying to get you back after you start dating Castiel.

A/N: hey guys!! I'm so sorry, once again. Happy New Year! One more semester of high school left, still deciding on college. Boyfriend isn't a thing anymore. Not sure why I'm telling anonymous, it's nice to pretend someone's on the other side reading and caring. I have missed writing and now I'm back, hopefully for good, of course to expect a few breaks every once in a while. I'm trying to get my motivation back.

You started out of your own free will to be a hunter. You had two brothers and both of your parents living, but it didn't take long for you to realize there was something supernatural about this world that you lived in. You were attracted to the danger of fighting off supernatural creatures. So much so, you fell in love with one. That's what you thought, at least.

A petty little crossroads demon at first, you watched your boyfriend grow in power until he was the king of hell. Then he had no time for you and the two of you grew apart. You ended the relationship with Crowley, though he promised that he would change. Too little, too late, however.

You continued on with your work, but remained careful to avoid any of Crowley's right hand men. You had a run in with some angels. Let's just say there were some disagreements, and one stuck by your side. His name was Castiel and the pure light inside of him was spectacular. Never had you met anyone so innocent, yet passionately dedicated to a good cause. So opposite of someone else you used to know.

He introduced you to some other hunters. You started becoming closer, creating a small family of hunters. Castiel was a bit different when with the Winchester brothers, but often included you, knowing that you could handle your own. You spent a few comfortable years together, sometimes doing your own things, others with Cas, and more often, group hunts split.

Something unexpected happened, which shouldn't be surprising, considering who you are and what you do. Disappearances started occurring, near your neighboring states. You overheard the brothers one day talking about biblical possessions and decided you were in, all the way.

"Y/N, what are your thoughts about this?" Quizzical, startling blue eyes took your attention. Castiel focused his gaze on you, calmly awaiting your response.

"I don't know about the whole biblical ideal, but I think we should visit a few of these places. See what some of the people remember, see if anyone is still trapped. Just get back into the field." You shrugged and stood up. He followed. The brothers grabbed their drinks and weapons and went behind.

-

"Hello, love."

That accent.

It caused trouble, lust, and just a twinge of uncertainty.

You turned around, twirling your knife, a small smile playing upon your lips. "Hello, Crowley."

His eyes narrowed slightly, attempting to decipher what you could be playing at. "What, my dear, has brought you to one of my many demon lairs?"

"Well, I thought it was just some dump and was looking for a good place to be bait. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised, although you do sound disappointed." You felt your phone buzz in your back pocket, altering you of a possible signal nearby.

"Not disappointed to see you, of course. Just that it's been far too long, and I'm afraid you might be hunting my demons again." Crowley took two steps forward, almost hesitantly.

You took out your phone and realized it was a phone call from Castiel. Your smile grew more genuine. You accepted the call, put your knife in its sheath, and held up a finger to Crowley, indicating for him to wait.

"Hey, Cas," your voice was light, but eyes still trained on the demon before you.

"Y/N, it is good to hear from you. Thank you again for working with Dean and Sam. I can meet up with you, if that is something you would be interested in." His kind voice was soothing.

"I would be, Cas. I'm at [insert location]. I think you'll like what I've found. Once our little problem is taken care of, we can go see the movie you've been talking about, the one with the bees."

Crowley has crossed his arms at this point, his eyes dark, but trying to be nonchalant with disinterest.

"That would be great, Y/N. I look forward to it. I will gather a couple items and be at your location momentarily. See you soon." Click.

Silence.

An intake of breath.

"You and goody-goody angel are together." Not a question.

"Yes, Castiel and I have been dating for quite a while now." You keep your voice calm, knowing there is little to fear. It turned out there were no minuscule demons to get rid of here, and when Castiel arrives, the two of you should be able to overpower Crowley and lock him up.

He seemed to ignore your indication. "What was your 'little' problem?"

A strapping man with perfect messily brown hair and gorgeous blue eyes in a suit and trench coat appeared next to the two of you. "I believe she was referring to you."

You could not have hid your smirk even if you tried. Crowley's jaw clenched and his eyes flickered away before turning back to you. He brought his hand to barely graze your cheek. "Well, Love-"

Castiel was quick with the handcuffs. He urged the other hand next to the one barely an inch away from your face and put them together, sealing them with magic. You could almost see the energy drain from the demon. Only a twinge of disappointment arose, but it was quickly shoved aside as you focused on the job at hand. Once the King of Hell was restrained, Castiel pauses and looked to you, tilting his head.

"Would you like to take him back it would you like me to?" His voice was calm, yet stern and serious. You knew he would be disappointed if you were to choose taking him by yourself, but would still respect your decision and pretend that it was solely job related. But you have grown to love Castiel over years and you would never want to hurt him or make him question himself.

"You've got this, Cas. I'll meet you at the theaters in twenty." You gave him a kiss on the cheek and didn't look back.