Dean 5/ Meeting the Parents

Idea: found on Pinterest.

Plot: Imagine Dean meeting your parents and your dad asking Dean about his "job".

You knew Dean was a hunter. He had been honest with you from the fourth date, when he realized you weren't planning on going anywhere. The two of you were the same age at twenty four and had now been dating for five months. Your father had been bugging you to meet him ever since the beginning. Of course you left some main details out, the few facts that your dad would send him and you to an insane asylum for. Now, Dean had finally agreed to meet your parents on your every two weeks family dinner.

The pair of you showed up in his dashing Impala. You had dressed in a floral dress, something you wouldn't be caught dead in at a public settling. Dean had a tight grip on the wheel for the forty five minute drive even though you tried assuring him it wouldn't be as bad as he imagined it would be. He was right in the end. You pointed out some of your favorite local spots as a child, from the ice cream shop to the theater.

You finally arrived at your parents' house, a two story white picketed house, including a full attic and basement. Dean parked in the driveway of the two car garage. You unbuckled yourself, ready to leave, when you noticed how still Dean was. You leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Leaving the car, you waited for him to unlock the trunk before you could grab your bag. He has emptied out about half the weapons that were previously there.

The car clicked with a lock as the two of you walked up the cement path to the front door. Dean stood behind you anxiously, alert. You knocked once before heels were noticeably on the other side. The bright red door opened to reveal your mother, her hair graying into a bun, a wide smile with pink lipstick, yet casual jeans and a fuchsia blouse. She quickly unlocked the door before engulfing you in a hug.

"Oh, Y/N, it's so good to see you. I'm glad you brought your boyfriend! Dean, right? Well, come in, both of you. Don't stay out in the cold." She ushered you end and took the two bags, before simply setting them next to the door.

"It's not even chilly outside," Dean whispered into your ear, an arm wrapped right around your shoulders.

"Sh, she never goes outside. She wouldn't know," you responded with a giggle. You were almost fearful of Dean's confidence when your father appeared at the entrance of the hallway. His arm stayed steady, even with my father's glare.

"Y/N, nice to see you. You hardly call anymore. I guess you've been busy. Would you mind setting drinks with your mother in the kitchen?" This was not a request. Your mother shared a smile and ushered you into the refurnished kitchen. Your father slapped an arm around Dean and began walking him in the direction of his den.

You set up the wine glasses and poured slowly, wishing you could hear the conversation between walls. Taking a deep breath, you set the glasses at the dining table, preventing your hands from shaking. Once the settings you placed, you took your seat next to your mother. Finally, the two men returned. You averted your eyes, feeling a blush as Dean sat. He continued his strong stride of walk. He gave you a reassuring smile, but appeared slightly skittish.

You brought up light conversation, about the end of your school days, what you have been up to, yada yada yada. Dean would make a few comments here and there, regarding a funny story or how the two of you met. Halfway through the meal, your father asked the question you could see Dean had been dreading.

"So, Dean, what do you do for work?" Your dad asked, eyes focused expectantly.

Dean stopped, mid-chew, and eyes fell to you. He cleared his throat. "Well, I work with my brother... we're in a family business."

Your mom happily jumped in. "Oh, that's so neat. What type of business?"

You began to nervously tap your foot, eating quicker than you previously had been. "We do small jobs, mostly. Things for others that they don't want to do themselves. Sometimes hunting."

"Interesting. What is it that you hunt?" Your dad questioned.

Dean breathed out a small sigh with a charismatic smile. "Deer, birds, just the general."

You sat back in your seat, a bit more relaxed. The conversation successfully carried on, lighthearted and no longer worrisome. Dinner with your parents was a success.