Crowley 4 / Chance of death

A/N: guess whose a college student now! My goal is to update one to two times a month. I'm really searching for some new motivation. Good luck to all of us going through the very last season. Avoid spoilers at all across! Long live the King!

Idea: honestly it's been so long I don't remember. Please request!

Plot: Crowley coming each time you need something because he's deeply in love with you.

First of all, let's point out you were not a hunter. You had minimal fighting skills and were living in the Bunker for your own safety. The brothers had taken you in, given you a home and two caring, fierce friends.

Your family had been killed in a fire set by a demon. You were at the grocery store when it happened, gathering ingredients for your parents' anniversary party. You would rather not have focused on the details, but what happened. Your grieving took to the extreme, leading you to summon a demon. The deal went as badly as expected. For three people to be alive cost you it all - you personally, got three years. Your family had to suffer without you, but you believed they could bare it if they had one another. Your crossroads demon claimed he was being generous, as it would save you from planning funerals and give you the chance to cross items off your bucket list quicker than you would have.

You didn't buy his bullshit for ten seconds. No one asked questions, for their memories 'mysteriously' returned to hours before their demise. And for six months, this demon was around, popping up any time you wanted to try something new, something by yourself. You began to enjoy his company and without realizing it, would forget he was a demon holding your soul. How that was possible, you still were uncertain.

He didn't smile much. It probably was due with him being a demon and all, but your favorite part of being with him was when you were speaking and would see the slightest twinkle in his dark eyes, that would never fade all the way when he was around you.

"Now, Mr. Crowley, what do you suggest?" You turned towards him, resting your chin on your palm.

"Love, for the thousandth time, stop calling me 'mister'. I'm just... watching over you to make sure your clumsy self does not die before your time is up," he crossed his arms, an eyebrow raised.

"What would happen, if I were to die?" You asked curiously. You took a pen out of your bag and fiddled with it, focused. You had been feeling uneasy lately. There was a storm brewing in the hunting world and you were unsure on if the Bunker was truly able to protect you from outside creatures. You didn't really have a family anymore since you had abandoned yours at the cost of their lives. The brothers were as friendly as hunters could be expected, but you knew if it came down to it, then they would always protect each other before you were even a thought.

Crowley lifted his eyes, thoughtful for a moment. "That won't happen."

"But-" He cut you off, getting impatient. "No buts. You're not dying."

You rolled your eyes with a playful smile. "Whatever you say. I should probably begin preparing for work, as I'm sure you should as well." You stood, grabbing your purse and giving a kind, farewell smile to him. He hesitated for a moment with a sigh before standing. 

"Be safe, Y/N." 

And with that, he was gone. 

The outline of a smile was left on your face as you walked to your car. Who said coffee was the only way to wake up at 7am? You went to the kitchen, used to the silence of the Bunker while the brothers were absent. You decided that today was a day for writing, since you did not actually have a real job. After grabbing a banana and cup of decaf, you sat at the kitchen counter with your laptop and began to journal. You felt silly writing about yourself so it was more focused on someone that seemed a little bit like you with the exception that this lucky person gets to live their life to the fullest for a very long time and you knew that was something you would never get. You would occasionally be filled with dread and wondered if all this drama was really worth it, but a gentle reminder of an old family photo was all that you needed to know that family was worth everything. That's why you tried not to get too close to the brothers; they had each other and did not need to worry about losing somebody else. 

Maybe some fresh air would be a good distraction, you hoped. You closed the laptop and finished the drink, leaving it as is. The path outside the Bunker was not heavily guarded by any means, but you considered it to be peaceful, even as it began to get chilly and the leaves were falling and changing colors, leading up to a much dreaded season. You took a breath and closed your eyes, forcing yourself to focus on the beauty of your surroundings rather than all that seemed wrong in the world.

There, you thought, that is much better. You continued your walk, close to having all the different turns memorized. You thought back to when you were in school and dreaded walking often. You were glad that time had changed your mind, even if it was close to being too little too late. Once again calm from the overworked demons in your head, you started to make your descent back to what has become your safe haven from the outside. Checking the calendar on your outdated phone, you were happy to realize Sam and Dean would be back by the end of the week. While the return of the brothers was often something to celebrate, you knew it cut out the time you would hang out with Crowley, as they did not get along at all. Fortunately, they all agreed on one thing, and that keeping you, some nobody human, safe, was important. 

Mentally planning out the rest of the day was a pretty quick and easy task. You managed to drone it out for the rest of your walk back. You went to unlock the back door and noticed that it was cracked open. Okay, not to worry. Maybe you had just forgotten to close and lock the door, it certainly would not be the first time. You went in, hung up the key, and put your phone in your hoodie's pocket. You slipped off your running shoes by the doormat and decided to get some water and possibly more coffee. In the kitchen, you saw the cup sitting in the sink, soaking. Maybe your memory was a bit more off than you thought. You turned towards the table and there was your laptop, still closed, but it dinged with a notification that surely had to be suspicious.

You were going crazy, that had to be it. Think, dummy, what do you do? You stepped back into the kitchen and pulled out your phone, and called Crowley. It rang twice before he picked up. "Love, I'm actually busy at-"

"Crowley, I think there's someone in the bunker and the boys aren't due back for a few days," you said in a hushed tone. There was a beat before he responded. "I'll be right there." 

You waited roughly thirty seconds in silence, daring whatever was there to make its presence known. But, nothing. Maybe you should have gone to a psych ward rather than an isolated sketchy mansion. You began to walk around, just to be certain that it was your mind playing tricks on you. Your phone buzzed under your tight grip. A checking in text from Sam. You let out a breath of relief and realized you should call Crowley back and tell him false alarm... again. You heard it ring and ring and ring before his actual ringtone called out from up on the balcony. Deciding to play it cool, you hung up and turned to him with a shy smile. 

"Why do I have the feeling that there actually is not anyone else here?" Crowley asked as he went down the stairs, eyes staying on you. 

Your smile broadened. "It's actually a funny story, if you aren't too busy to hear it. But you said you were, so..." 

"Love, for you, I'm never too busy."