Sam 2/ The Choice

Idea: found on tumblr.

Plot: Imagine Sam having to choose between saving you or closing the doors of Hell.

Sorry about the short chapter, many more prompts coming soon! Sorry about the whole no chapters this summer thing!

Warning: potential spoiler but the plot is a bit off.

Things were worse with each passing hour. Sam was the Chosen One, and sadly he was not up against an easy foe such as Voldemort, but Lucifer - the devil. You and Dean were always trying to lift his awful burden, but there wasn't much either of you could do.

While you were trying to get angels on Team Free Will, the seals were broken. You would never blame the boys, especially Sam. All of you had gone through a lot and made many mistakes while trying to do the right thing. Even when Sam and you broke up, you stayed with him and Dean. No matter your feelings, you were a fierce hunter.

Dean hated Meg, surprisingly almost as much as you. He could see what an awful influence she was. You saw red with your jealousy. You were the first person Sam had loved after he lost Jess. You had been together for many years and had thought he was going to pop the question until Meg came back. Sam had chosen the demon over you.

"Hurry," Dean growled. Time was running out. We were trying to stop the gates of hell from opening and allowing Lucifer to rise.

It was incredibly difficult as you struggled to push open the doors to the church's sanctuary. Sam had a high possibility of dying very soon, and you weren't going to allow that to happen. You would always find a way to help him. There was nothing you wouldn't do for Sam Winchester.

The doors finally flew open. Sam was crouched down. Meg was laughing maniacally. She said, "You are all so late. Lucifer will rise. You fools thought this would stop him? I am his most loyal! And now, Sam, you get the honor of being his vessel."

Not on my watch, you thought. You charged forwards with the demon-killing-dagger towards Meg. She was simply too quick. Dean rushed forwards to help his brother while you tried to buy time. A fire was burning.

Meg winked at you as the two of you fought. You made sure her back was to the boys. Watching Sam struggle to stand up with his bloodshot eyes and dirty clothing really stung your heart. You couldn't imagine what he was thinking right then. The boys were messing around with some mechanics and Dean looked over at you and gave you a nod. They figured it out.

You gave one last wild swing to try and kill Meg. Her eyes were burning with hate and victory. She reached forwards and you lost your balance, falling on a knee. She pulled your head back by your hair and stuck your own knife against your neck. You feared swallowing for it could cut you. Meeting Sam's eyes, he faltered.

"Lookie here, boys. I've got Y/N in my hands and you've got the King of Hell in yours. So what's it going to be? Open the gates of hell and she lives, that's simple. Or defy me and try to save Y/N and (S)he will die. Quite painfully, nothing is worse than dying by your own blade. So make a decision!" Meg snapped, grinning.

You tried shaking your head as best you could. Hunters were meant to be selfless and you would follow that to the end. One life compared to dooming the rest of the world? It should have been out of the question. But Sam hesitated. Meg began pressing the blade against your lungs and drew blood.

Sam turned away and back to the large wall with many dials and other complicated mechanics. Dean grabbed his arm to stop him. Sam yelled, "I accept."

Meg laughed so quietly only you could hear. The gates of hell were being opened. Sam was giving his life for yours. You knew that since you had no blood connection to the Winchesters, your blood wouldn't have an affect. So you tilted forward, ending your life.

The world was saved.