Chapter 51

Something FP had noticed about Alice since his proposal was the increase in how much she had been glowing. Her happiness truly radiated off of her, giving everyone else around her the same affect and he was proud that he was partly to thank for that.

The two had agreed however on keeping their engagement to themselves for the time being, not wanting to make too much of a fuss and deciding to focus on other important matters, such as their upcoming graduation, where Alice had amazingly been chosen to be valedictorian, and their senior prom at the end of the week, which they were admittedly more excited about, they didn't even seem to mind Hermione's constant discussion over it during lunch.

"So the theme is supposed to be Hollywood, and I suggested to the rest of the planning committee having a purple carpet out front rather than a red one-"

"That's tacky." Alice nonchalantly confesses before sipping her water.

Hermione's eyebrows raised in slight hurt, scoffing at Alice's crude comment. "That's exactly what they said."

"It does seem a little, odd, babe." Fred agreed, tilting his head to the side in uncertainty.

"Purple connotes royalty! What's more royal than Hollywood?" Hermione rhetorically questioned, her eyes gaping at the two of them as if it were the most obvious question ever.

"What's connote mean?" FP naively asked as he pursed his lips in thought before taking a sip of his soda.

"I wouldn't expect you simpletons to understand anyway." Hermione mumbles before picking at her fruit with her fork.

"Anyway, forget this prom talk." Alice suggests before resting her elbows on the table. "Do you guys realise this is one of the last meals we're probably gonna have together?" She reveals with a hint of sadness in her voice. The four teens feel the atmosphere suddenly dampen down as it hits them that this time next week, moments like this will no longer be.

"Sure we'll all be at the same college, minus Fred, but we won't even see each other as much. As weird as it sounds, I'm gonna miss this creaky ass lunch table." Alice heated as she rested a hand on FP's thigh and turned to meet his equally defeated face.

"No more milkshakes at Pops." He added

Alice nodded. "No more drive in dates."

"No more hanging out at Sweetwater." Fred softly spoke.

Little did the three of them know, Hermione had been planning to share some important news with them, she just couldn't find the right time but seeing the gloomy looks on their faces pushed it out of her, and she figured now was the perfect time for it. "Well actually, I've been meaning to tell you guys something."

"Oh yeah?" Alice asks curiously with widened eyes as she lifts her head off of FP's shoulder.

"It's more of a suggestion, but you can totally say no. I just figured it could be best for all of us in the long run." Hermione kindly advices.

Fred comfortably rests his arm over her shoulder, lightly pulling her into him. "Well, what is it?" He inquired curiously as his gaze remained on his girlfriend.

"I was second guessing staying on campus, at Hillingdon. I mean, with all the rules and regulations and even facilities, it just wasn't worth it." Hermione explained to them all before dropping the final bomb. "So I was thinking, let's just get an apartment."

Alice damn near chocked on her drink before shooting Hermione a surprised glare, taken aback by Hermione's suggestion but touched nonetheless. "Wait, you're serious?"

Hermione nods excitedly, being over the moon to share the suggestion with them that she had been considering for weeks, ever since their college acceptance letters had all come in.