Chapter 21

*2 Month Time Jump*

"Can you say dada? dada?" FP asked of the 3 month old he held in his hands. It was the crack of dawn and Alice was still fast asleep behind him. She was exhausted after her 8 hour shift at Pops the night before.

Their summer vacation so far had been super busy with two of them either working or minding Charlie. They didn't have much time for themselves.

The infant began to gurgle again as his father played with him. "Was that a smile little man?" FP says proudly.

"No. Pretty sure it's gas." Alice says from behind with her sleepy voice. She rests her chin on his shoulder and smiles down at Charlie in his hands as the tot waves his arms around.

"Good morning to you too." FP says to her before turning his head kissing her lips. "What time did you get in last night?"

Alice rubbed her eyes and began to tie her hair up. "Uhm, around midnight I guess." She relaxed back against the headboard and continued to smile at the sight of FP and Charlie.

He handed her the infant so she would feed him as he was getting cranky. She positioned him against her chest.

"So why don't we go to Pop's for breakfast babe? I'm in the mood for pancakes." He explains.

"What a coincidence, I'm in the mood for pancakes too." She smiles.

"Okay, I'm gonna hop in the shower. We'll leave in a little while." He says before kissing her.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

The two of them strolled into Pop's pushing Charlie's pram. FP held the door open for them to walk through and they were immediately approached by Pop as they did.

"Morning you two. It's nice to see kids your age up this early." He says to them with a smile.

"Morning Pop. Yeah, we thought we'd get some breakfast." Alice answers.

"And how's the little one?" He pokes his head into Charlie's pram and looks at him smiling. The infant is flailing his little fists about.

"He's perfect, as usual." Alice brags. She never thought she'd be one of those mothers who constantly talked about about how great their kids were when nobody asked but every time she looked at that little face that resembled her and FP she couldn't help it, he really was perfect to her.

Pop let's the two of them sit down in their usual booth and they give him their usual breakfast orders. They attend Pops so often that he practically has it memorised by now.

As he walks off, the two are interrupted by the ringing bell at the door and see Fred come through, who immediately waves to them and walks over to their booth.

"Alice Smith and FP Jones up out of bed before 9 am? Should I check for flying pigs?" He jokes as he sits down next to FP.

"Very funny. What are you doing here anyway?" FP asks his best friend.

"Oscar and his girlfriend are staying for the week and their room is next to mine. Long story short, I can hear everything. I had to get out of there this morning."

"Gross. We didn't need to know that." Alice explains as she lifts Charlie out of the pram and sits him on her lap. The infant immediately began to reach for the salt shaker on the table, causing Alice to laugh. His movement skills were quite advanced for a baby his age.

"No baby you can't have that." Alice says to him as she puts the salt shaker out of reach. She reaches over to the pram and takes out the soft blue toy snake she has and hands it to him, waving it in his face in attempt to make him smile.