Chapter 44

FP's post prison days were proving to be less of a hassle than he thought. He may have only been there for a matter of weeks but his brief stay still did a number on him.

He was a little nervous about continuing on with his life where it picked up and finding his footing again, and school was proving to be the biggest obstacle. The minute he entered the doors of Riverdale High with Alice on his arm that morning, they were met with brief stares and whispering from the rest of the student body and as much as Alice told him to ignore it, he couldn't help the rage that bubbles up inside of him.

She could sense he was going over the edge just by the look on his face as they strolled down the corridor and clutched his hand in support. As far as she was concerned, everyone else was nothing more than radio noise, the only opinions that mattered on them were hers and his.

"So we've got those college scouts visits later before lunch." She reminds him softly. A number of college scouts and headmasters as well as career advisors from selected colleges and universities were visiting the school to talk to prospective students all over town and Alice had been preparing for weeks.

"Really?" FP questions. "I forgot all about that." He says in frustration.

He couldn't believe something so significant had slipped his mind the way that did but with the craziness of the past few weeks it's was understandable. However, it hadn't stopped him thinking about his future. Being locked up provided him a lot of time to think about his next steps in life, just what he wanted to achieve and what really mattered to him.

"I've been thinking about doing a journalism course at Hillingdon University." She explains to him. It was one of the key colleges within their region and had a brilliant Journalism programme as well a Football one.  "I've just gotta get my foot in the door for that scholarship offer." She finishes

"You will baby." He adds before leaning into her cheek to kiss her. "You've got the brains  and the talent, there's no way they'll turn you down." He says encouragingly before kissing her bare cheek.

"So are you." She adds with a smile. "You've gotta work on getting that football scholarship and impress in Fridays but game."

The only way that was going to happen is if he actually had his head in the game to begin with, and truth be told, he didn't, but not only with the game per say, but with Football in general.

They stop their stroll when they see a Hermione and Fred making out against his locker.

"Morning horn dogs!" Alice greets, causing FP to chuckle.

Hermione released Fred, unwrapping her hands from his neck before narrowing her eyes towards her friends conveying how unimpressed she was by that mild hypocritical comment. "Like you're the one to talk. At least we keep it PG."

"Okay, enough about our sex lives." Fred pleaded as his face turned bright red. These discussions always left him embarrassed, but it was the price to pay to be friends with FP and Alice, who were incredibly sexually active, at this point you'd think he'd be used to it.

"You guys know what college scouts you're suck up to first?" Alice asked as she positioned her bag more comfortably on her shoulder.

Fred frowns slightly before shaking his head. "Not really." She adds with a shrug. "To be honest, college hasn't really crossed my mind either." He admits nonchalantly before shutting his locker. He didn't have these big dreams of leaving town to study elsewhere and he never did. He was too set in his ways. He was too simple, and that's exactly what he wanted out of life, simplicity.

Hermione however, was more than prepared. She had been planning this for weeks, heck even years. Despite her change in circumstances, she always had her post high school graduation plans mapped out.