Chapter 12

FP stood still and glanced back and forth between the two Smith women, it was all he could do in that moment as he didn't want to get in between whatever was about to go down between the two of them.

His eyes were more fixated on Alice more than anything as she stood there still as can be, probably from the shock. Her eyes seemed lost and her mouth was slightly agape.

There stood her mother, Karen Smith, glaring at her daughter awkwardly and somewhat full of regret by the looks of it to FP, dressed in a cheap faux fur coat, denim skirt that sat just above her knees and thigh high leather boots with fish net tights.

She had ratty blonde hair, some of it was still extensions and overdone make up that didn't make much of a difference to the few wrinkles she had on her face from smoking 20 a day for 10 years.

"Well? Aren't you gonna give your Mama a hug?" She spoke with her raspy mild southern accent.

Alice didn't say a word to her but she could feel her eyes begin to water and her body temperature rise with rage. She took a second to calm down before speaking.

"We're gonna be late." She informed FP before grabbing a hold of his hand and pulling him towards his car.

"I just wanna talk to you Alice." Karen called out.

Alice continued to ignore her and opened up the truck door on the passenger side as she watched FP wall around to the drivers seat. He threw his bag in the back seat and shut the door.

"Alice?" He questioned her as he secured his belt.

"Just drive FP." She mumbled as she secured her seatbelt and placed her bag on her lap. He obliged and started the car up, driving towards the Northside.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

He pulled up into the school parking lot and turned the engine off before looking over at Alice. She was silent the whole car ride and her attention seemed to be elsewhere. He broke the silence by finally speaking.

"Baby, you can't avoid your Mom forever."

Alice scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Try me. I have no problem doing that whatsoever."

He took a deep sigh before leaning back into his seat, placing his head firmly on the headrest. "I know what she said to you wasn't right-"

"It was anything but right!" She interrupted.

"Yeah, I know but her returning from wherever she was just to see you, maybe she's changed her tune. Maybe she's excited about being a grandmother now." FP explained to her trying to lighten her spirits.

Alice turned her head towards him and smiled. She always admired how he saw the best in people. "Look, it's not only that, it's-" She tried to finish hit was interrupted by a loud hey outside the window next to her, instantly rolling her eyes as she knew who it was.

"Sorry to interrupt your make out session but you're gonna be late for registration." Fred told them before giving them a smirk and walking around to FP's side of the truck.

FP opened up the truck door and got out, Alice doing the same on her end.

"For your information we weren't making out, we were having a discussion. You should try it some time." She told him before swinging her bag over her shoulder. FP walked around to where she stood and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. She took his hand and lightly kissed his knuckles.

"So, what have I missed?" Alice questioned as the three of them proceeded to walk towards the school entrance.

"Well, one of the Vixens broke their neck after she fell off their pyramid on Thursday." Fred informed her. Alice couldn't help the snicker that fell from her mouth. She had always hated those snooty cheerleaders.