Chapter 25

Alice is the first to wake up that morning with FP's arms wrapped over her waist.

She rolls over so she's facing him and lightly strokes his stubble as the sunlight dances across his face. He's always so cute in the middle of slumber, she thought to herself.

She used this opportunity to get first dibs on the shower, but not before checking on Charlie who was fast asleep in his crib, so peaceful and so innocent. She lowered her head and placed a feather light kiss to his little cheek before grabbing her towel and leaving.

Once in the bathroom and gathers her essentials, including soap, shower gel and shampoo and Let's the water run before ensuring it's the right temperature to enter.

She closes the door and allows the hot water to run down body, soaking her hair and face before she gathers her shampoo before being interrupted by the shower door opening and two hands reaching around her wet waist and pulling her back.

She smirks as the hands begin to lightly brush the top of her abdominal area and a pair of lips attach to her neck, leaving kisses along the apex of her neck and shoulder.

She relishes in his touch and his hands move lower and lower towards her wet, in more ways than one, centre.

Finally speaking, she questions him. "What is your angle here, Forsythe?" She breathes out before reaching her hand up and wrapping it around the back of his neck and leaning her head into his shoulder.

"Can't I make out with my girlfriend in the shower without a angle?"

"Not when your hands moving down there." Alice says sternly. "Or is this your way of distracting me from the fact that you haven't even got the fireworks for tonight yet?" She finishes. It was the 4th of July and the Southside community always celebrated hard.

"Right now..." He spins her around and grins at her. "I'm more concerned with the fireworks that about to happen right now."

She smiles at him as he pulled her in for another kiss, his palms rubbing her lower back before he reached her thighs and lifted her up, leaning her against the door and ravaging her neck as the two became one.

•••

She tied her towel around her body as she walked out of the bathroom and into the hallway, barely able to walk after her and FP's activities.

He followed behind her with his towel wrapped around his waist, showing off his chest and muscles in all their glory.

He cheekily slapped her butt as he followed her towards their bedroom.

"Surely Charlie's awake by now." FP mentions

"Please. If he's anything like you he's still sound asleep." Alice answers

"Yeah I doubt that with the sounds you were making."

"You think too highly of yourself." She jokes

She enters the room and walks over to Charlie's crib, only to find it empty. Her face completely changes and her mouth drops instantly.

"FP? Where is he?" She worries as her heart drops at the sight of his empty crib.

"What do you mean where is he?"

"The crib is empty! He's not here!" She cries.

FP rushes towards the crib and immediately comforts Alice, knowing she's on the brink of a panic attack.

"Okay baby calm down, and breathe, okay? I'm gonna call the police."

He instantly rushed towards the phone, worry written all over his face as he picked up and dialled but the opening of his front door stopped him.