Chapter 37

"We're never gonna graduate if we keep skipping classes like this." FP tells Alice as they walk down the hall hand in hand towards the student lounge, hoping to find Hermione and Fred there too, and they seemed to be in luck as the their two best friends were sat right there on the couch as they approached the doorway.

"Are you still on for dinner with my parents this weekend?" Fred asked his girlfriend as she seemed more interested in scribbling in her notebook. She didn't respond.

"Hermione? Earth to Hermione? Hello?"

"Huh?!" She immediately snapped her head up at him finally making eye contact. "Sorry, I'm just really busy with these homecoming committee errands." She reminded him before fixing her head back down to her notebook.

"Fancy seeing you two love birds here!" FP chirped as he walked further into the room holding Alice by the waist.

The brunette immediately looked up again and squinted her eyes at the pair, raising her pen up as she did.

"I thought you guys didn't have a free period." She mentioned

"We don't." Alice states bluntly before taking FP's hand and pulling him down onto the couch with her. "What's your point?"

Hermione chuckled at her blunt nature. "Wow, it's like you don't wanna graduate."

"It's last period. It's not that big of a deal." Alice huffs. "What are you doing there anyway?"

"I'm in charged of the Homecoming planning committee and I've got so much shit to do before the night and I don't think I can handle it all!" Hermione panics

She had always had a knack for planning events and bringing people together through celebration, it was one of the things she was good at, but this upcoming event was proving to be a handful and she was beginning to regret jumping at the chance to be chief organiser when Principal Featherhead presented her with the chance.

"Looks like you could use some help." FP points out as he notices all the scattered notes on her lap.

"Would you?!" Hermione practically screeched as her head popped up.

"Oh. I wasn't offering." FP defended, earning a nudge to the knee from Alice.

"Ugh. You're just as bad as he is." Hermione exasperated pointing her pen at Fred, who was also apprehensive about helping.

"Hey hey! I would help, you know I would, but I know nothing about organising homecoming." Fred explained.

It was true. Both guys didn't know the first thing about event organising. Heck they only went to these school parties to spike the punch bowl and make fools of themselves anyway.

Noticing her friend in distress, Alice stepped in to her rescue. "Ugh, you men are utterly useless. I'll help you out with some of this."

Hermione's lips twitched into an overly excited smile. "Oh my God thank you!"

She stood up and walked over to the opposite couch, shifting Fred's legs off and sitting next to Hermione.

"I honestly don't know where the idea of you two being the strongest gender came from." Alice retorted

"Oh come on! That's unfair." Fred responded.

"No, she's right. And she should say it." Hermione defended.

•••

"So you've got, Serpent business, tonight?" Alice asked in a concerned tone, looking up at him with a slightly pouted lip. The school day had officially ended and they were stood in the hall discussing their plans for the evening.