Chapter 6

Tanya pulled into Sunnyside trailer park, recklessly parking her brother's car. With what she was about to do, panic overpowering her relatively normal, despite knowing it probably wasn't her place, she knew deep down it would be for the best in the end.

She stepped out of the vehicle and anxiously walked up the trailers porch, lifting her black polish covered hand and knocking on the front door, receiving barking noises from the dog inside in return.

"FP! GET THE DOOR!" She heard Forsythe Senior yell. The dog's barking continued.

"Calm down Hot Dog!" She heard FP bellow in a hissing tone as he came closer to the door. He opened it up, surprised to see Tanya on the other side of it. He was expecting somebody else.

"Oh, hey T." He greeted, a hint of disappointment in his voice and a lit cigarette hanging out of his mouth. "I was expecting Peabody. What's up?"

"I don't have a lot of time to explain, but you've gotta come with me to the hospital, right now!" Tanya spoke quickly in a frantic tone, barely breathing when she had finished, before turning around and beginning to walk off the porch.

He furrowed his brow in confusion, releasing the lit cigarette in his mouth and throwing it to the ground as he stepped out. "Hospital? Wait, what's going on?"

"It's better if I just show you." She advised him as she proceeded to the vehicle and reaching the door to pull it open. "This isn't exactly something I can just say to you." Turning back around, she widened her eyes at him. "Now hurry and get in the car." Tanya begged him as she stepped into the drivers seat.

"I got a job in a couple hours Tanya, I'm not going anywhere." He told her sternly, returning to his trailer in an instant. He didn't have time for whatever ridiculousness Tanya was about to drag him into.

"Please, it's Alice!" She pleaded in desperation.

He halted in an instant, turning back around to give Tanya his full attention. "Is she okay?" He questioned softly, his face falling from frustration to worry in a flash.

"You'll know when we get to the hospital."

                            XXXXXXXXX

The drive to Riverdale general was tension filled and silent. Tanya had failed to mention anything to FP, so he was left with his imagination running wild, but also in a state of frustration, especially as they walked down the dreary but busy hospital halls of what he had yet to notice was the maternity ward.

"Now that we're here, what's going on?" He demanded to know, making a questioning whereabouts gesture with his hands in his pockets. "What's happened to Alice?"

Tanya paused, continuing to fiddle with her hands as she glared down at the floor. This was turning out to be harder than she initially thought.

"Well?!" He rhetorically questioned, waiting for an answer.

"She's right down there." She hesitated before gesturing towards the rooms at the end of the corridor. "Room 206." She finished as she went to walk back out, but FP grabbed her arm and slowly pulled her back.

"Enough of the games Tanya." He all but spat in concern. "Just tell me what's going on."

Tanya sighed and began to walk out in front of him. "Follow me." She said, and he followed her down the hall to the room in which Alice was placed.

"You not coming in?" He asked her as he was about to push the door open.

"I think it's best if it's just the two of you. Trust me, you've got a lot to talk about." Tanya informed him before walking back down the corridor. He watched on as she did and was left confused. He slowly knocked on the door and entered.