Chapter 31

Charlie babbled away in his high chair as Alice stood by the stove preparing breakfast

She was still wearing FP's jacket from last night and it fit like a glove. Stood there in nothing but the whiskey scent filled jacket and her black lace underwear, she pulled onto it, admiring how it felt against her bare skin as it just about covered her breast.

"Good morning." FP chirped as he exit the bedroom and walked towards her. He wrapped his one hand around her waist and pulled her back into him, laying kissed up and down her neck as she focused on the stove and smiled

"Good morning to you too." She greeted before turning on her feet and wrapping her hands around his neck, pulling him down for a deeper kiss.

"What did I do to deserve pancakes?" He grinned

"Nothing. I just wanted to treat my two boys."

"Where's Dad?"

"Walking Hot Dog. Come on, let's eat." She prepared the pancakes onto the plates and brings them over to the table, along with Charlie's bottle.

She watched FP with her head rested in the palm of her hand with heart eyes, almost getting giddy at the sight of him.

"What?" He asked with his mouth full before giving her a smirk. He put his knife and fork down and leaned back into the dining chair with his hands behind his head. "Still thinking about last night?" He bragged, referring to his bedroom skills

She snickered before covering her mouth and looked back up at him, placing her head back into her hand, staring at him dreamily.

"You are so cocky, and no. I wasn't thinking about that, not that it wasn't amazing."

He raised his eyebrows and smirked again, Alice's comment making him feel even more cocky than before. "Then what is it?"

"About this time last year." She revealed. "We weren't even talking to each other, I didn't even know I was pregnant, but now-" She rests her hand upon his and stared at Charlie with a smile. The tot looked back at his mother and bared his half tooth smile. "We're a family. And we're about to enter our Senior year of high school."

He leaned forward and rested his hand upon hers. "It's crazy isn't it?"

He couldn't have imagined that he'd be in this position with Alice, ever. Heck, he couldn't believe her was lucky enough to have her as his girlfriend. She was always way out of his league. The first time he had asked her out and she said yes still surprised him to this day.

"You ever think about the future? Eve worry?" She asks nervously with her brows knitted together

"All the time. It would be weird if I didn't." He confessed. "But I know as long as I've got you and Charlie, everything's gonna be okay." He smiled. "Do you?"

"Everyday. My lucks been shit as of lately and I feel like it's all just a big sign that I'm destined for disaster and it's only gonna go downhill from then." She revealed running her fingers through her golden locks.

Her future had always been one of her biggest fears. Being where she's from she had never had many options or roads to go down. Would she be happy? Would she be successful? Would she be alone?

The concept of senior year finally reaching and adulthood fast approaching just reintroduced her fears and concerns all at once. It was different when she only had herself to think about but now she has a child to factor into that too.

"Come here." He says to her gesturing to his lap.

She smirks and gets up out of her chair, moving towards him and lowering herself onto his lap, resting her hand around his neck and looking into his soft brown eyes.