Chapter 81

Mia’s Pov.

Feeling around my comfy bed for Harry, I feel nothing. It’s empty.

Turning over and grabbing my phone, I press down on the lock button to check the time.

‘3:45am’ my phone reads.

Sitting up in the bed, I listen out to a noise. Nothing!

Where is he? He definitely isn’t in the toilet.

Jumping up off the bed, I wrap my dressing gown around my body, and quickly shove my slippers on.

I make my way down the stairs, which I’m then led to the kitchen by the light shining down the hall.

The door isn’t fully open, but enough light shining through the crack of the door to enlighten the hallway.

Approaching the door of the kitchen, I see Harry sat at the table. He has a mug in his hand, with steam flying out. His head is down staring at his coffee. He looks in deep thought, and I don’t want to scare him.

“Harry.” I calmly say, putting my hand on his shoulder.

“Oh, are you alright babe?” He lifts his head, slightly turning to face me.

“I’m fine. Are you?” I ask.

“Yeah I’m fine.” He looks back to his cup, cradling it in his hands.

“Babe what’s wrong. Why aren’t you in bed? I was worried.” I soothingly rub both of my hands on his shoulders.

“I just couldn’t sleep. Everything that has happened tonight has just fucking with my head. I couldn’t settle.” He shrugs.

I thought that, that might have been the problem because Harry isn’t one to lack of sleep.

“That is so nice though.” He smiles, pushing his shoulders into my hands more.

“Why? What are you thinking about?” Meaning he seems more relaxed with me massaging his shoulders, I keep it up.

“Say if that happened around three years ago, I wouldn’t be fussed by it at all. I would sleep and wake up not even remembering what happened but now everything is just so fucking different. I have to keep you safe and our baby. I just…” He pauses.

“You just what Harry?” I wonder curious to know what he is about to say.

 Harry turns around to face me, my hands falling to my side. He smiles at me, tapping his knees.

“Come here.” Harry says as I sit down on his lap.

I stay silent letting him carry on.

“I just got scared. I’ve never felt fear like that before. Yes I’ve been in that situation before now and not been arsed but it but having you there just made me think differently. I don’t want you to get hurt…ever. You mean so fucking much to me Mia and you always will. I would take a bullet for you any day at any second.  I don’t just have myself to think about, I have you and our little peanut inside there.” Harry places his hand on my stomach. I smile. “I can’t wait until we have our own family, and one day will hopefully make it bigger. I can’t wait to see you walking down the aisle in your dress on our wedding day. I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you Mia.”

Biting down on my quivering lip, I wipe the tears away of my cheer.

“Ay you’re not supposed to be crying.” He laughs, wrapping his arms around me tighter.

“I’m just happy Harry that’s all. Everything you just said just made me emotional in a happy way. I want to spend every second of my life with you and I never want to lose you. I love you Harry, so much.” I cry, laughing at myself.