Chapter 64

Harry’s Pov.

“Mia you’re pregnant.”

As the words leave the nurses mouth, I feel as if I’m pinned down by a ton of bricks. My heart is beating as if there is no tomorrow. I feel as if I’m struggling to breathe right now. Pregnant. No she can’t be can she? We are safe…well most of the time anyway.

“Pregnant?” Mia’s eyes widen.

“Yes. Congratulations.” The nurse beams.

Congratulations. Fucking congratulations! No. What the hell am I hearing right now? This can’t be right can it? What is happening?

“I need some fresh air.” I stand to my feet and rush out of the room.

Yes I do feel bad for leaving Mia alone in there but what else could I do? I need time to think. Time to take everything in. Time to breathe.

Running out of the doctor’s surgery, I hit my back against the cold, brick wall as I kneel to the floor. Hitting my head to my hands, questions spin through my mind over and over.

How? Well I know how I’m not that fucking stupid. When? I don’t have a clue. Where? Plenty of places. What is Mia thinking?

 A part of me wants to go back in there and support Mia but I’m too much of a wimp. I don’t deal with news easy. Especially news like this!

Pregnant. Parents. What? Aren’t we too young? Well I suppose that we are not too young because people have babies at the age of thirteen, it’s not that bad.

Damn I don’t think Mia and I have even talked about having children! Do we even want children for that matter? I haven’t even taken a minute to think about children if I’m honest but now I suppose that I have to because I have no choice. I could run but I couldn’t be without Mia.

“Man you need to move, you’re in the way there.” I look up to see Niall.

“S…sorry. I need to go.” I stand, rushing down the path to my car.

I hear Niall shout something but I don’t take the time to function what he says. I will wait in the car for Mia. Yes that is what I will do.

Pregnant.

No the word doesn’t sound normal for me to hear. Pregnant means turning into parents. Turning into parent’s means taking care of another life. Fuck I can’t even look after myself never mind a baby. I can’t even hold a baby without being terrified of dropping her or him. I can’t become a fucking dad!

Even the word dad makes me shiver. Daddy, dad…no I like Harry. I like my name and I don’t want it to change. I don’t do change and I never have. Yes I’ve changed a lot since meeting Mia but changing to be a dad is just…well there’s not really any words for it if I’m honest. A dad means showing an influence and inspiring your child. What’s inspiring about me? Exactly, nothing. I never set a good influence because I like to do things my way, and normally things being my way don’t always end up being good.

I’m sure Mia would be a great mum because she always makes children happy and always gets them to giggle, but I normally make them cry just by looking at them. She would be a great influence and inspiration because she is such a brave, strong person where I’m the complete opposite. As you can tell I run from any sign or trouble or news, take yesterday for an example. I saw my mum and ran. Today I heard about Mia being pregnant I ran again. Why can’t I keep myself calm and listen. Why can’t I ever stay until the end to see everything through? I’m a coward that’s why!

“Harry.” Mia nervously opens the car door.

Sorry for leaving you alone. Sorry for being stupid. Sorry for not sticking around. Sorry for leaving you to cope alone. Sorry for being a coward.