Chapter 5

Mia's Pov.

I’m sat in my office, glooming over being trapped inside on a gorgeous hot day. There’s everyone else out in this wonderful weather, sunbathing on the beach and swimming in the sea. But no not me, I’m sat here with a laptop laying on the desk in front of me waiting to be opened up to do some work. I feel strange because I haven’t even started on any work which is not like me, I’m normally the type of girl who will come into work and start on my project straight away. I’m not sure what is wrong with me, but the one thing I do know is that I don’t like the feeling I feel right now.

Danny hasn’t turned into work today, he phoned in sick but rumour has it that he has gone to some big ass concert. Lucky for some. We are so busy with typing work up at this time of year I don’t see how Danny thinks it is okay to just take days of work when he feels like it. It makes me angry, well I think it’s just because I’m jealous. I envy people who can just take time of work when they feel like it because I can’t do it all because my farther is my boss. I would do anything for a brake, just a little get away somewhere, where I would have no troubles. I could live a normal young adulthood life, just like everyone else my age does. Most go out clubbing, causing trouble and just spend time with their closets friends, but the only place I have to come each weekday is this boring old office. Well I shouldn’t complain that much because this office has the best views of the entire place meaning it is placed on top floor, but it still doesn’t make me feel happy.

I’m dragged from my deep thoughts as I notice the office door slide open hardly making a noise. Standing at the door is Harry. He is wearing black skinny jeans and a black v-neck T-shirt which exposes most of his tattoos that are scattered down his arms, plus the two sparrows that appear on his chest.

He makes his way over towards his desk and slugs down in his seat without saying a single word to me. I’m not saying that Harry has to talk to me but a simple ‘Hello’ or ‘Good morning’ would have been nice. Whilst his computer is starting up, Harry stays glaring out of the window. I don’t really blame him because the views are pretty unspoken for and very unique.

I glance up to the clock on the wall which reads 9:30, I’m quite took back that Harry has made it into work on time. I would have took Harry to be a person that would always be late but I suppose he has proven me wrong.

  For a change Harry has not once looked at me, in fact I don’t think he has even noticed my presence in the room. He mustn’t be feeling too well meaning he hasn’t said or done anything to wind me up, unless he has just decided not to ever talk to me again? I’m not sure.

I wonder if he is acting like this because of our little disagreement yesterday, well I didn’t really do much he was the one who started on me for no reason. It crossed my mind a few times in the night because it is really bugging me about why Harry is acting so harsh towards me. I know we never got off on the right foot but his attitude does not seem to change, and he is always a miserable old sod.

“Just leave me alone Mia and don’t talk to me.” The words that left Harry’s mouth last night start to torture me even more. Can somebody please tell me what I have done so bad to get so much hate from one lad…well the boy who lives next door.

Should I speak to him first? Should I try and start a conversation with him? Maybe just a little ‘Hiya’ will do or something like that anyway.

“Morning Harry.” I speak.

Harry removes his stare from the window and looks at me with an evil stare. He doesn’t move much, only his eyes look at me the rest of his body stays still just like he is paralyzed, it’s kind of freaking me out.

After a few moments of silent he finally opens his mouth to talk.

“What do you want?” He spits.