Chapter 2

Wow that sleep is the deepest I've had for a long while, after my night in work last night I'm not surprised at how good I slept. I'm not in work today, well I am but not in the ambulance, I'm working in my dad works tonight. I look forward to that job because I can just relax and type, I love using my imagination to write new stories and the fact that I no longer have to share an office is just the best. I always had to share with a girl called Sarah, she was a snob and I hated her. Last week she left though so happy days.

"Hunny are you ready for work in a little while?"

"Dad please don't call me hunny." I shiver at the word, I just hate it.

"Sorry." He rolls his eyes.

"How was work last night?" He asks as I take a seat at the dining room table.

"Okay I suppose, just busy." I reply.

"Did anything funny happen?" He wonders.

"Not really just the same old things, young groups of friends being drunk. There was this one lad who kept repeating himself and he thought he knew me, that made me laugh a little." I find it funny when people who are drunk repeat themselves.

"So when are you and James going on your first date." My mum joins us at the table as I choke on my drink.

"What?" I open my eyes widely at her.

"Come on, I know you both like each other." She looks at me.

"No mum, no we don't! We are only friends nothing more." I shake my head.

"What ever you say." She laughs but I don't find her amusing.

"I'm going to get ready for work." I excuse myself from the table and make my way towards my bedroom. 

I walk over to my wardrobe and pull out a light pink flowey dress which is just above knee length. It's a gorgeous sunny day so I may as well try and catch a tan whilst I can. After slipping my dress over my head I make my way towards my dressing table to apply a little makeup. I'm not the makeup type of person so I just add blush and apply some mascara. Now I'm curling my hair and letting it hang loose over my shoulders.

"Are you ready?" A light nock is at the door.

"Yeah." I stand, straightening my dress out before walking over to put my matching coloured flat shoes on.

Dad and myself make the way to the car as I look over to Victoria's house.

"You miss her don't you?" Dad brakes the silence.

"Who?" I ask.

"Victoria." He states the obvious.

"Well of course I do, she has been like a sister to me all of these years and now she has gone. I only get to see her in the holidays so yes I do miss her." I huff.

"You really need to get over it." He grumps.

"You really need to get over it." I mock his voice.

"Mia, you can't just mope about all because your friend has moved away."

"She wasn't only a friend she was my sister." I look at him.

"Since she has gone, you have gone moody and sarcastic. You're attitude has completely changed, no wonder why Danny left you." Did he really just bring Danny up?

"Why do you always have to bring Danny up? We split because it was the right thing to do and it has nothing to do with anyone els. Okay?" I shake my head in annoyance.

Bloody hell yes I do miss Danny, but I left him because he kissed another girl. It hurt me really badly but I've never let my mum or dad know there real truth because I'm not the drama type of girl, I just like a quiet life. It can be awkward at times because Danny still works in the same place as me but he moved out of my office when we split.