Chapter 17

Max's Pov.

Sitting here, staring at a lifeless Mia is very rare for me and I don't like it. I want my sister back to seeing her with Harry again, just to see her smiling again. Mia hasn't been happy for a long time but I can just see the smile that appears on her face when she is with Harry. I can tell they like each other but none of them will admit it. I know Mia wont because she is too stubborn and always puts up a hard front, but I know the real her.

Harry has let me come into the room first, but I really wish that he would have been aloud in here with me. I was terrified coming through the door because I had no idea of what sight I would see lying before my eyes

I was expecting to see more blood around Mia's face from the deep cut, but there is nothing at all. The nurses have done a pretty good job of cleaning the mess up, and I know I'm no doctor or anything but I think that the doctors have done a neat job of stitching the cut up. I'm not too sure on what stitches they used but at least it is tidier then I thought it would have been.

I am still really angry at my mum and dad. They still have not answered their phones! The both of them should be home by now meaning it is getting really late. Why the hell haven't they even wondered where Mia and I are? That shows how much attention they actually pay towards the both of us. I have not texts or missed calls, but when they check their phones they would have had plenty from me! I know dad was at a meeting today but surly to god he could have checked his phone at least once. I know that I shouldn't be thinking like this but just say if the worst had of happened to Mia, they wouldn't even know about it! How can their jobs be more important than their children? They haven't always been this way...always working. We always had family time and spent days out but since the full trauma they go to work to escape, I know they do.

The room is silent, a silence what I don't like. All I can hear is a machine beeping every now and then.

"Come on Mia you need to get well again. I need my sister back, how will I cope with mum and dad alone?" I laugh a little trying to lighten my mood but it doesn't really do much. Whilst I am on the subject, I actually don't know how I am going to cope with my mum and dad without Mia there. They both drive Mia and I crazy and that is why I stay in my room out of the way.

"Harry is here you know. He has not left since he has got here, he is a good friend you know that right?" I know I am only speaking to myself but hopefully she can hear me even though she is not replying.

"If you are wondering where mum and dad is, I truthfully don't know myself but I have been trying to get a hold of them all day. When I go out of the room, I am going to try and ring them again. If they don't answer, I think my best bet is to go home and tell them. Mia I promise I will be back here tomorrow, I won't leave you alone for long. I know you will probably moan at me for not going to school, but you are more important to me than school." I'm not speaking too loud because I know that the doctor won't be happy if I wake her, but my tone of voice is just loud enough for her to her me...that is if she can.

"Well I suppose I best let Harry come in and sit with you for a bit because I know that he can't wait to see you. Don't worry though. I will just be sat right outside of your door. If you need or want me, just tell Harry to come and get me. That is if you need me of course but I'm sure you will be okay with Harry around." I stand from my chair which is placed by the side of her hospital bed.

"I love you Mia." I whisper waking to open the door.

"Is she okay?" Harry quickly stands to his feet, meeting me.

"Yes, well I think so. She is still asleep if that counts." I shrug.

"Okay, do you mind if I go in now." He politely asks.