Chapter 50

Mia’s Pov.

“Will you still move in with me?” Harry says.

Harry still wants me to move in with him?

“What?” I ask.

“You heard. I want you to still move in with me?” By now, I’m no longer tucked in Harry’s arms. I’m now sitting up straight facing him.

For some reason there is a lump growing in my throat. I don’t know why but there just is. My stomach is fluttering with nerves and I really don’t know what to say.

“Urm…” I’m totally lost for words right now.

“Come on answer me. Don’t let the argument we had change your mind about moving in with me.” Harry eyes meet mind.

“Harry.” I look away so that I can’t see his beautiful green orbs. I have been lost in his eyes since the day that I met him and right now isn’t a time to be lost in them.

With everything that has been going on I totally forgot about Harry asking me to move in with him a few weeks ago.

“You don’t do you.” He looks away.

“No Harry it is not that I don’t want t-to.” I stutter near the end of my sentence.

“Yes it is Mia. If you don’t want to move in with me just say don’t leave me hanging around waiting for a fucking answer!” Harry’s voice rises as I flinch.

I don’t like it when Harry raises his voice, it kind of scares me. I don’t like him being angry and especially with me.

“I can’t Harry.” I reach for his hand but he snatches his back which makes me feel a fool for even trying.

“Why can’t you? Come on with the excuses.” He sarcastically huffs.

“I’m not going to make excuses for myself Harry because there is no need. I can’t move in with you because I have just moved in here and I can’t keep messing Max around. He needs to be settled.”

“Max can move in too.” He would really let Max move in?

“I’m sure he could but that isn’t the point Harry.” I move closer to him.

“Then tell me what is Mia.” He raises his arms a little.

“I can’t move Max again and plus I couldn’t send him back to his old school could I? He hates it there and he has just got a place in his new school. I want to move in with you Harry but now just isn’t the right time.” I finally look him in the eyes.

“We will find him another school.” Harry speaks.

“There’s not one around there. Don’t you think I already looked? I didn’t just move all this way for the sake of it. I’ve moved this far away from everyone against my will. I don’t want to live in a house on my own but I have no choice. I have had to change a lot Harry.” Why do I want to cry?

“What do you mean you have had to change?” Harry questions.

“I have to be tough for everyone but the truth is Harry is that I’m terrified. I’m a mess and I hate it! I smile to make it look like I’m happy for Max but I am far from being happy. I feel so insecure and I have never felt this way before. I hardly sleep at night because every noise I hear I just freak out. The only time I have actually slept is this weekend with you here. You make me feel safe.” Okay now I’m crying.

“Ay babe.” His hand reaches to my cheek.

“But I can’t move in with you because it is unfair to Max. Until he is ready to move back in with dad, I’m stay put here.” It’s true.