Chapter 34

Mia’s Pov.

I’ve been awake for a good hour now. I’ve left Harry to sleep in for a while there is no need to wake him. He doesn’t have to be up for anything… well I don’t think he does anyway. I’m glad that it is the weekend and that I can just relax. Not having to be up early to take Max into school. I would send him on the bus but that’s how he began to get bullied so I will not risk it.

*Buzz*

My phone buzzes, making me jump from the vibration.

‘Is it alright if I stay at Kian’s over the weekend until Tuesday? X’

Thinking of the devil.

‘I suppose it is okay. Why until Tuesday and not Monday? X’

It doesn’t take long for Max to reply.

‘Because we’re not in school on Monday. Thanks Mia…can you let mum know because I really don’t want to. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee x’

‘Of course I will x’

Not by choice no I don’t want to tell her but I will for his sake. I haven’t spoken to my pareants properly for a good few days. I’ve tried ringing them but they never get back to me so I have given up. Why should I try and make conversation with them when they don’t even try with me?

‘Thanks you’re the best sister ;) x’

Max’s text makes me laugh and puts a smile upon my face.

I stand from my chair and make my way over to the lounge window. Looking out, I notice my mother and fathers car parked up in the drive way of the house. Maybe I should go over and speak to them face to face meaning they will not answer the phone to me.

Should I leave Harry a note telling him that I have just popped home? I don’t want to wake him. But whilst I’m writing a not, what if they go off to work and I miss that chance to talk to them?

I’m just going to go and talk to them now just in case I miss them and they go out.

Entering the house, I walk straight down the hall way towards the kitchen. My mother is sat at the table with a cup of tea and her head down reading the latest newspaper. She hasn’t lifted her head up to me. Hasn’t she heard me? I’m sure the door slammed pretty loud.

“Hi mum.” I speak, leaning against the door frame.

“Oh and who are you?” She lifts her head up, putting the newspaper down.

Who am I? Is she being fucking serious?

“You know who I am. What do you mean?” I scrunch my eyebrows.

“Well you’re definitely not my daughter.” Wow...that’s harsh.

“Of course I am. What are you talking about?” Has she gone mental since last seeing her or something?

“No you’re not. My daughter used to come home and spend time with her family. She used to have the house nice and clean for when her mum and dad came home from a hard day at work. My daughter used to look after her little brother.” Crossing her arms across her chest, I swallow the lump that is forming in my throat from her words.

“Look after my brother…Max. That’s all I have done even though I’ve been ill.” I want to scream but my words come out quiet.

“Next joke.” She scoffs.

“That’s enough!” My father walks into the kitchen, biting on his piece of toast.

“No I will not have her say those things to me after everything I have done for Max.” I stand my posture straight.