Chapter 44

Max's Pov.

Mia and I have not long moved into our new house. It didn't take that long for all of the papers to fall through and I'm much happier living here than where we used to live. It all seems so new and fresh. Dad didn't take that much convincing for me to move in with Mia. It's not like he will never see me again, I've only moved an hour away. The house we wanted in Dewsbury we couldn't get fast because it was a slow proses. So we're near Victoria's and Niall's house. Of course at first he was like no which is understandable. But then I said who would look after me if Mum is being taken into care and he would be always working anyway. I think that is the thing that made him agree in the end.

*Ring. Ring. Ring.*

My phone vibrates in my hand. Harry.

"Hello." I answer.

"Max is everything okay? You haven't called or picked up the phone to me for two days. I've been going out of my fucking mind." Well hello to you too Harry!

"Yes everything is fine. We're settled in our new home and we're both okay. Stop worrying." He literally hasn't stopped ringing me. What part of 'I can't answer because Mia is around' doesn't Harry get?

"What's the excuse for not answering to me for two days? It's killed me Max. I thought something serious was up." Harry sighs.

"The same excuse I have all of the time. Mia was around and wouldn't leave me side." I sarcastically reply.

"Alright just try and contact me every day yeah?"

"Well I suppose I will have too."

"So how is she?" Harry asks.

"Who?"

"Mia. Who else would I be talking about?" Harry points out the obvious.

"Oh yeah she's okay...I suppose." I really wish that she were. I know that Mia is only putting a front up when she is with me but I have heard her crying at night when she is alone in her bedroom. It kills me.

"What do you mean you suppose?" He questions.

"Well how do think she is Harry? It's only been two weeks since you ended it with her and our mum kicking her out." Do I really have to spell it out to him?

"No don't say it like that. I didn't end it with her. It was a mistake that I can't even remember." Yeah you keep saying that.

"She's hurt Harry."

"I know Max. I want to make it up to her but you won't tell me where the hell you are or live." Harry's voice rises a little.

"For her own good." Sticking up for myself, I lie back on my bed.

"Right. Sorry for shouting. I just miss her and I'm worried that's all. Where is she now if she isn't with you?" He is much calmer now.

"She has gone to the cinema with her friend." As the words leave my mouth I realise that I could have re-fraised that.

"What the fuck do you mean she is at the cinema with a 'friend'? I'm telling you now Max that 'friend' better not be a boy. This better not be a fucking date because I will kill him!" Now he is no longer calm. I know he would take that in a wrong way.

"No she is not on a date and the last time I seen Victoria she was defiantly still a girl so unless she has had a sex change overnight without anyone knowing she is still a girl." For god sake this man.

"So she is with Victoria?" He questions.

"Yes Harry only Victoria. Unless they have made new friends there." It is quite funny to wind Harry up actually.