Chapter 74

Max’s Pov.

I can’t explain how much I’ve enjoyed being here with Dad. I don’t know what was wrong with his whilst we were away but I can assure you that he has been absolutely fine since…thankfully! All we have done is laugh, just like the old times when Ben was around. I’m meant to be going back home today. I’ve defiantly overstayed my stay here with Dad. But the truth is, is that I actually don’t want to go back home.

“Max I’ve just had a phone call of Mia asking if I can take you back tomorrow instead because they have to go to Harry’s mum’s house or something. Is that okay with you?” My Dad catches my attention as he walks into the room.

“Yeah. That’s fine.” I say.

“You don’t seem too happy. If you want to go home now I will just ring and tell…”

“No, no, no it’s nothing to do with that Dad.” I cut across him.

“Then what is it?” He asks, taking a seat by me on the sofa.

“I don’t want to…urm…” Do I just come straight out with this? “I don’t…I don’t want to go home. I want to stay here with you Dad.” I look down to my thumbs which are entwined with one another.

“What do you mean?” His head cox’s to the side. Is that a good or a bad reaction?

I’m not too sure but a part of me doesn’t want to find out.

“I don’t want to go back home to Mia’s and Harry’s. I want to come back and live here. This is my home Dad.” This has always been my home. Yes there have been some very bad memories here but also lovely memories.

“Oh Max.” He scoots himself closer and wraps his arm around me. “You know that you can come back here anytime you want. This will always be your home even when you’re older and have moved out. Take Mia for instance, if she ever wants to move back here, the door is always open.” He smiles.

“But I don’t want to hurt Mia. Yes I was happy living with her and Harry, it was great but I want to be back here. I’ve had my break and there’s nothing like being back home Dad. I don’t like the thought of you living on your own until Mum arrives back out of hospital. No one should be alone.” And exhale.

“Max I don’t want you moving back against you own will. Don’t worry about me, I’m a man. I can handle living on my own. Plus your Mum should be out of hospital sooner than you think.” He laughs.

“No I haven’t changed my mind because of you living on your own. I’ve changed my mind because it’s what I want to do.” I admit.

The past few days I’ve been thinking this through really hard. There’s no reason now why I shouldn’t be living back at home. I know that I can always go and live back with Mia and Harry if I want to, but I’m sure they want their house to themselves now. 

Kian, a person who has been like a brother to me lives here. I’ve missed handing out with him. Obviously I want to move schools because I don’t want to be bullied again but maybe I can join the same school as Kian?

“Of course you can move back in here. It will be lovely. Like I said your mum will be home soon.” He again smiles.

“What do you mean soon?” I question. I’ve noticed that he has said the word ‘soon’ a few times over the past few days.

His smile enlarges.

“Dad?” I say.

“Hopefully your Mum will be home by tomorrow.” His eyes turn to gloss.

“W…what? Oh my god. Tomorrow?” My cheeks rise.

“Yes. I didn’t want to say anything just in case something went wrong but now you’re moving back in, I can’t keep it from you.”