Chapter 22

Mia's Pov.

"Harry I think it is about time for me to tell you what I have been hiding." I let the words fall from my lips with no control at all.

I don't know why, but I feel as I need to finally tell Harry about my dark past. As much as I don't want to, I feel the need to. Something about him attracts me and I just want to keep talking to him.

"What? Really." Harry seems shocked as he scoots his chair closer to mine.

Not replying, I look into the distance through the kitchen window. How am I meant to put this into words? I know that I will break down several times through telling him.

"I..." I breath in, huffing loudly out.

"Mia it is alright, just say in your own time. There is no rush." I can feel Harry's eyes burning into me but I don't have the guts to looks at him. I keep my glare to the window.

"It was a four years ago when it all happened." Closing my eyes, I swallow the lump in my throat that has seemed to grow over the last few minutes.

"What was?" I can tell Harry is urging for me to say. It isn't going to be easy just coming out with it and I know it. This is a reason I have never told anyone except Victoria about it.

"My brother...brothers, the car." Finally opening my eyes, I feel a tear escape from my eye lids.

"Ey it is alright. Don't cry." Harry swipes his thumb across my cheek, removing the small, wet, droplet.

"It was horrible, I still remember the day as clear just like it was yesterday." I know I will always see torturing me, flashing back in my head, giving me nightmares.

"Let me start from the beginning." I take one more deep breath before starting to tell Harry the full story.

"Remember in your own time, just nice and slow." Harry takes my hands in his.

"It was a cold, frosty, ice morning and the snowflakes were falling heavy smashing onto the ground shortly making it all white. We hadn't had snow for such a long time, we was all exited. Max and Ben just wanted to go out and build a snowman, so that is what we did. My mum, dad, two brothers and I went out and were playing around in the snow. We all built a snowman each and each time my dads were the biggest. It never took long for all of the snow to disappear of the ground from how much we were all using it." Shivers run through my body and Harry notices.

"Mia, you don't have to say." Harry turns my face to look at him.

"Don't stop me...please." I plead. If he stops me now, I will probably never finish telling him.

"Okay." Harry nods.

"Max and Ben wanted to sledging, but I didn't want to and neither did mum and dad. The both kept begging me to go, but I kept on ignoring them. I was already cold and tired. Max and Ben wouldn't stop annoying me to go with them all because they were too young to go to the field by themselves. In the end I finally gave in, but not by choice. I was a teenager who just wanted to go out and spend time with my friends, not playing sledge racing with my brothers." Looking down to out connected hands, I see my tears covering them.

"Yes I understand, just like any normal person right?" Harry agrees with me about being a normal stroppy teenager.

"I began walking them to the field. It felt as it was taking forever. The walk was dragging and they kept annoying me. I just wanted to walk back home, but I knew that I couldn't do that because my mum and dad would have killed me for leaving them by themselves. So I decided to take them a short cut which was the worst decision of my life. I had been told about it by school friends but they always warned me if I ever did that rout to be very careful." I feel as if I can't breathe right now.