Chapter 35

Harry’s Pov.

It is pretty late and Mia is fast asleep. She did manage to tell me everything that her and her mum said to each other in the end. Wow her mum is such a bitch for saying all of those things to her. Who does she think she is treating Mia like that? I’m not just saying this to stick up for Mia but I’m honestly telling the truth. Since knowing Mia all she has done is worry about Max and care for him. She is always giving him money so that he can get anything that he wants and paying for his school trips. She is more of a mother to Max than his own mother is. Wow it has made me so angry.

I can’t believe her dad walked off out of the house to work knowing that they war arguing, I didn’t think that he was like that. Why didn’t he stay and stick up for Mia and support her? Why did her mum bring up her grandfather knowing how close Mia was to him? She obviously knew it would upset Mia so that is why she has said it.

*Buzz. Buzz. Buzz.”

“Hello?” I answer to the unknown number that flashes across my screen.

“Alright mate.” Niall’s strong Irish accent sounds.

“One second.” I whisper down the phone. I walk out of my room not wanting to wake Mia up.

“I’m back.” I say to Niall.

“Where did you go?” He asks.

“Just came out of the bedroom because Mia is asleep.” I explain.

“Oh so you and Mia did work out in the end?” I bet if I could see him now that he would be smirking.

“Yes we did.” I roll my eyes even though he can’t see me

“So how have you been mate?” Niall asks.

“Not too bad just been chilling with Mia really. Enough about me where the fuck have you been not answering the phone to any of us?” My thoughts finally kick in.

“I’ve been busy moving.” He replies crunching on something.

“Moving?” Now that was a shock!

“Yeah you will have to come and see me and my girl.”

“You have a fucking girlfriend. I only haven’t spoken to you for a few weeks…what have you done with the old Niall?” All this is too much of a shock.

“I’ve dated her for a while but not told anyone, I wanted to keep it quiet for a change. I’m living on my own at the moment because she is still with her parents but I’m asking her to move in with me because it is too lonely.” Why don’t I know about this?

“What her name? Do I know her?” I wonder. It better not be some slag that he has knocked off in the past.

“No. I won’t say anything yet, I will just wait until you meet her.” Why is he so awkward?

“Fine! I can’t believe it.” I really can’t believe that he has settled down.

“Nei-ther ca-n I.” He crunches.

“Niall you have phoned me so stop fucking eating with a mouth full of food.” I demand. All he does is eat I swear down.

“I’m starving. I love my food you know that.” Yes I do know that from when I shared a flat with him. There was never any food in the cupboards and I could guarantee that I would walk into the lounge to see him scoffing his face with some kind of shit. We didn’t last in the flat long.

“Why did you move?” I curiously ask changing the conversation.

“Well Greg wanted to settle down with his own life and he obviously didn’t want me living there anymore. We were getting underneath others feet and kept arguing so it was time for me to move you know?”